Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Bayshore HealthCare

Mostrando todas as 438 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Great Place to work
MANAGER OF CLINICAL PRACTICE (Ex-Funcionário) –  Barrie, ON10 de Abril de 2019
You will learn so many skills in home care. Independent work in the field , great team atmosphere in the office and among the teams. Would recommend Bayshore !!!
Poor Management
HSW (Funcionário Atual) –  Canada30 de Março de 2019
I have to say the office staff is not bad over all. But their anagement not organized at all.
I was paid a lot more in my previous job but moved so started something a little different. I did have experience in a similar field as this. I found this job to be very scattered in hours and you will be driving from place to place for $0 each place you drive to and from. It would not be worth it if you have to drive more than 5 minutes per place as the wear and tear on your vehicle is not great.
I realized I am not as flexible as I used to be so this not as physically easy for myself to do.
Bayshore - especially the girl that hired was very accommodating.
They do pay for the training and they do have part time and full time benefits. You do have to pay out of your pay check for part of this package but it is fairly reasonable.
I believe that if you want to have a successful amount of hours to be full time, you must open your hours of work from early morning until bed time without weekends unless you work in an nursing home like setting.
Over all, like all places it has it good and bad.
Clients, office staff and choice of hours
Contras
Scattered non reliable hours, poor management, no time between clients (no time to have a cup of tea or food), distance to drive from client to client too long
fun place to work
Personal Support Worker (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hamilton, ON28 de Março de 2019
the job consist of helping persons with daily activities of life such a cooking, cleaning, and personal care. the hardest part of the job is dealing with
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Scattered Day
PSW (Ex-Funcionário) –  Windsor, ON27 de Março de 2019
I have to say the office staff were very nice over all. But my supervisor never got back to me on several occasions so I found that disturbing. I tried on several occasions to get a hold of him and he was not very professional as far as I am concerned.
I started this job brand new to the field and fresh out of another field of work for many years. I was paid a lot more in my previous job but moved so started something a little different. I did have experience in a similar field as this. I found this job to be very scattered in hours and you will be driving from place to place for $2 each place you drive to and from. It would not be worth it if you have to drive more than 5 minutes per place as the wear and tear on your vehicle is not great. The other thing I found that I was not overly thrilled about is the time that you have with each client, is not enough to do anything other than personal care for the individual. It is very rushed and I found that to be difficult as I thought the job was more about helping the clients in other ways, but it was mostly bathing them. There were a few who you could make a lunch for and light housekeeping but 90% of the time was bathing/pere care and dressing. I realized I am not as flexible as I used to be so this was not as physically easy for myself to do. I only lasted a short while at this job but found a new respect for the people that do it. I truly believe that the pay should be over $20 an hour for anyone that does this job. I can tell you that the clients for the most part were very nice people and very welcoming.
Bayshore
  mais... - especially the girl that hired was very accommodating.
I must say, I didn't like how if a client cancelled within a short period of time, you lose the pay for that hour or whatever time was scheduled. I was shadowing another worker and out of her 5 hours scheduled, two of those hours were cancelled and she and I lost that. I get it that stuff happens but I found this difficult to imagine if you needed a regular job and hours to pay your bills and your day hours change just like that. I believe that if you want to have a successful amount of hours to be full time, you must open your hours of work from early morning until bed time unless you work in an nursing home like setting.
Over all, like all places it has it good and bad. The people make it most worth while.
  menos
Clients, office staff and choice of hours
Contras
Scattered non reliable hours, mostly bathing people/ pare care, my supervisor, too long of down time in between clients at times, distance to drive from client to client at times
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Do Not Appreciate their employees
Customer Service Specialist (Ex-Funcionário) –  Mississauga, ON20 de Março de 2019
With this company doesn't matter how long you have been with them, they will judge you only on your negatives never your positivies. As for management alot of those so called managers do not have a clue themselves what they are doing.
Staff (non management)
MANAGEMENT
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Not a good place to work
Community Support Worker (Ex-Funcionário) –  Ottawa, ON9 de Março de 2019
Care more about clients than worker. Pay and hours aren't good. zero life balance. management does not support workers. no room for advancement. no communication
its a job
everything
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 7NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
A reasonable company to work at
mobile care aide (Ex-Funcionário) –  Peachland and Kelowna, BC8 de Março de 2019
When I was there they were fairly disorganized and were in transition and hopefully they got there act together. They serve the needs of the community. I enjoyed working with the clients, but in one instance the clients daughter wanted a philipino care aide to take care of her father, the downside of the company is that they don't stand behind their employees. Was a toxic environment to work in.
Interesting clientrs
no backup
Terrible management
Csc (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hamilton, ON6 de Março de 2019
Bayshore is a terrible company to work for! Management acts like high school girls, talking about employees to other employees and telling people’s business when it is told in confidence. They could care less about the patients, it’s just a “figure it out” for yourself kind of environment. The way they speak to employees is disgusting, no praise when good work is done just constant “you should have done this”. They verbally attack their employees in both nursing and home support departments. That’s why they always have job postings, because they are a terrible company to work for and you’ll soon realize that once you become employed here.
The work friendships
Contras
Everything else - especially management!
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
good and stable place for work
Cash Application Coordinator (Funcionário Atual) –  Mississauga, ON5 de Março de 2019
I am working here at Bayshore in accounting department since 2009,
over all i am satisfied with my work, i would like to get more opportunity and responsibilities. I feel here at Bayshore is a limitation for me. So i am looking for new position outside Bayshore.
Flexibilities
Commuting
Fit to life
Personal Support Worker (Ex-Funcionário) –  Kitchener, ON5 de Março de 2019
This job was ideal for developing outside of work roles. I not only had time for myself in between clients but had time for my significant others, and the driving time gave me a debriefing period - in the big picture - decreased stress levels during patient care time
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 2Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Bayshore has a great team!
Ontario Health Study Assessment Centre (Ex-Funcionário) –  Owen Sound, ON4 de Março de 2019
Bayshore has an inter-disciplinary team like no other! Everyone is respectful, personable and passionate about the clients. Bayshore invests in on-going education for their staff, keeps an open and welcoming line of communication open, and recognizes good work. Staff feels appreciated and valued.
Prós
Staff feel invested in and valued.
Nil
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 2Denunciar
good company
Personal Support Worker/Caregiver (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hamilton, ON4 de Março de 2019
good company to work for always something different everyday at work. never the same job. lots of great people to work with and that you get to meet doing this job
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
Very Poor Management and Work Environment
Client Representative Clerk (Ex-Funcionário) –  Windsor, ON1 de Março de 2019
Management treatment like they owned, thought their employment should be your first concern at all times. Very unorganized. Work environment was very crowded and very loud and very poor lighting.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Very amicable and good management communication with staff.
Health Care Assistant (Funcionário Atual) –  Kingston, ON25 de Fevereiro de 2019
Home care workers don't have typical days. I move around from home to home to provide services everyday. I could be working 8 hours straight or moving from location to location. (2,2,3 hrs).

Management is very helpful and always willing to accommodate your days off and they do their best to schedule when you are available.

I've learnt to be ready anytime of the day for an emergency need due to replacing workers who have fallen ill. Also understanding everyone's needs as individuals. They are all different and expectations are also different.

The hardest part for me is the traveling distance between assignments. Travel can be stressful in winter.

For myself; the best part of the job is helping the elderly with their day to day needs; but most of seeing their smile when you walk in as they are very appreciative to have you there. Also, communicating with the clients and listening to their life time stories.
Prós
I like to be busy; so full day assignments are my favourite.
Contras
Finding time to eat while going from 1 location to another.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 2Denunciar
positive work environment
Health Care Aide (Ex-Funcionário) –  Kelowna, BC18 de Fevereiro de 2019
No concerns, I enjoyed my time with them/ The staffing and on call supervisor were very supportive and always available when needed.
I enjoyed working with the clients as well.
Flexable
Contras
Work day hours had unpaid gaps
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Great place to start your nursing career
Registered Nurse (RN) (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON12 de Fevereiro de 2019
It was a great start to my nursing career because you get a variety of different experiences.
There is flexibility in work schedule
It requires a lot of driving and waiting around for your next client at times if the home calls are not organized well
Self schedule
No set guaranteed hours
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 2Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Horrible management of client care/psw availability
Psw (Funcionário Atual) –  Cornwall, ON5 de Fevereiro de 2019
Zero consideration for employees. Have to have complete open availability to get close to fulltime. Hardly no compendsation for drive time, mileage. 3.75 for going out of town NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO.

If you have kids, forget seeing them through the week.
If they did swing shift( one week days, one week evenings) I would be much more happy.

I have decided to leave the PSW profession all together.
Loved My Job, Hate the Dishonesty
On-Call Client Service Coordinator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB4 de Fevereiro de 2019
Bayshore Calgary seemed like an amazing place , I love my job and found out they were dishonest about a privacy concern. I can only hope they can get it straight
Awesome people
Dishonest to Employee
Cultura Empresarial
Bullying, poor management, and unprofessionalism
Nurse (Ex-Funcionário) –  Timmins, ON2 de Fevereiro de 2019
This was supposed to be a nice and fun part time job that I could do on the side of my primary job. It was nothing short of a nightmare. I had to quit thanks to poor management, unprofessionalism, lack of structure and organization, lack of communication, and bullying. I was dealing with nonstop bullying, lies, and manipulation there. It was all reported and nothing was done about it. When confronted, management singled me out, made me look and feel stupid and told me that I was the incompetent nurse. They cannot keep nursing staff there and they wonder why they keep losing nurses. I had to quit from the amount of stress it was causing in my personal life.
Caring & supportive nurses
Everything else
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 15Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Specialty Rx- recognition and appreciation?
N/A (Funcionário Atual) –  N/A2 de Fevereiro de 2019
It would be nice to know that your efforts and contributions are appreciated once in a while.
Management doesn't seem to care unfortunately. So much potential, needs better management and motivation for positive change.
Prós
Flexible work hours, work from home
Contras
No recognition. Negative culture. Management are negative, don't promote positive change
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Bayshore HealthCare". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar