Avaliações de funcionários da empresa City of Edmonton

Mostrando todas as 313 avaliações
Cultura Empresarial
This job gave me added experience in an area I did not have in my life before.
Recreation Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB9 de Abril de 2019
This is a City owned facility and it's rolenis vital to the recreation provides for locals and tourists. The food is overpriced but there is plenty to see and enjoy. As an Indigenous Interpreter I wear a costume and help the visitor to back in time to imagine what lives people had in previous generations. Everyone has a family and Fort Edmonton does a great job in bringing some value to Canadian history.
Prós
Bannock, animals on site, artifacts.
Contras
Overpriced admission, overpriced food, should no longer have wagon rides with horses and have no pigs or sheep.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
day in the city
Playground Inspector/Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB2 de Abril de 2019
was always a very easy going place to work at. Pay was very good for a student who needed to save money during the summer months and couldn't work in the winter.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Fun staff and Management
311 Agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB22 de Março de 2019
My day at work involved working on the phones to help provide the citizens with various information. While it was a fast-paced job, my co-workers and managers always made sure the environment was stress-free as possible.

The compensation was more than adequate and allowed me to manage my expenses comfortably
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4Não 1Denunciar
3,0
Dying
Childcare Provider (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB22 de Março de 2019
I worked for the Greenshack program this summer during the INTENSE smoke outside. Levels were in the high 8's and 9's all day and only until it hit a 10 would the management let us go home. 8 hours in a level 9 is just as harmful as an hour in 10. Not just for me, but my kids as well. I should not have to hide in my car if working at my jo is making it hard to breathe or I feel sick.
Good pay
Poor care for workers
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 6NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Advancement is near impossible unless you know the right people
Job (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton20 de Março de 2019
Work is work. My co-workers are great. I have not learned much, I provide a benefit to the City for a salary. That's about it. Upper management and the City Manager are a complete joke. My direct managers are fine, although no one has the balls to do anything about any problems that may arise. The hardest part of the job is dealing with old farts that should retire or get with the future in the fact that not everyone has to be in an office from 9-5 now. There are opportunities to work remotely and save the City of Edmonton a ton of money. The City has become extremely cheap lately as well. Management hasn't received raises in 4 years and the Union is looking like it might be following suit. With the cost of inflation, not receiving a raise is actually a demotion or pay cut. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the fact that we all hate working for the City and can agree on that. Advancement is near impossible unless you know the right people.
I get paid well
Contras
Work is not in any way fulfilling
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 11Não 2Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Dont waste your time on temp work!
Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Março de 2019
Worse place to work. To much politics an favoritism. Supervisors are idiots and disrespectful also dont care about there employees!
Dont waste time there unless you wanna be fired afer 11 months contract. Stay away
NONE!
EVERYTHING!
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8NãoDenunciar
Great part time job
Children Experiences Recreation Technician (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB13 de Março de 2019
This has been such a fun job, and I will be sad when I have to leave. The children's experience team is awesome, and so friendly. Supervisors are very encouraging and supportive and offer advice when needed.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
racist, homophobic, corrupt
Labour 2 (Ex-Funcionário) –  westwood yard7 de Março de 2019
I worked for the city of edmonton for four years, no chance of being made permanent , would have layoffs the moment it snowed, very racist, my co-workers smoked pot then got into equipment and vehicles and operated them also they stole everything in sight, would recommend you never work there.
nothing
Contras
racist, druggies, thieves and liars
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8Não 4Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
not sure what you want here
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB25 de Fevereiro de 2019
ALOT of politics. Having to kiss up to management, friends of managers get precedence and special treatment. All in all, they are more focussed on money than employees.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9NãoDenunciar
Customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB21 de Fevereiro de 2019
Currently the face of the company. Enjoy being around people. Scanning and assisting various customers. Multi tasking and the ability to speak in different languages.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5Não 3Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Takes forever to advance & shifts are impossible to get covered
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Fevereiro de 2019
have to work basically 2 whole years part time to get a raise so it takes a long time. Also the shifts you get you’re completely stuck with. Bad management
Paid on site breaks
Horrible working hours
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 10Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Great to work on my feet outside and enfore by laws
Bylaw Parking Enforcement Officer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Fevereiro de 2019
Being outside everyday was a huge highlight. I do like being in charge of enforcing bylaws. I took pride in my job.

Wasn't paid that much as we were contracted out of a security company and not law enforcement.
Prós
Health benefits, working outside, made great friends
Contras
Not enough pay, physically demanding
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
working for the city of edmonton
Truck Driver Class (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB11 de Fevereiro de 2019
I loved working for the city .Just a few things that bug me and that was the drive to work from Camrose all my money was going to fuel . and shift work . I thought i only be on shift through the winter for a couple of years its not going on 5 yrs and it doesn't help that i have a little family to take care of. Once your in a postion with the city its hard to move up or down on the ladder . So your basically stuck in the middle and managment won't do much about it. I love driving truck its can be enjoying at times and exhusting at other time cause it just you in the truck and your mind will start to wonder .
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 7Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Loved working at the city park.
Seasonal Employee (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, KY9 de Fevereiro de 2019
Great workers and a great work environment. Easy and to the point instructions and a good idea if what jobs needed to be completed per day. Would highly recommend for a summer job.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1NãoDenunciar
long work day
TRUCK DRIVER V (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB9 de Fevereiro de 2019
Its a good job, management needs work. Lots of discrimination within the city. I thought it would be a job i would have till i retired. i worked for 5 years and still didn't get a perminate postion, due to a hiring freeze mandated from the mayor.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5NãoDenunciar
productive fun summer job
Horticulture Team Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB23 de Janeiro de 2019
Great for anyone wanting to work with a group of people as a summer job. Mainly involved doing minor horticulture and driving around getting to different positions
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Very mismanaged, and cliquey corporation with
Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB18 de Janeiro de 2019
The City has a lot of perks, don’t get me wrong. Such as good pay for easy work, good crews, appreciation brunches and dinners, etc. But at the same time, there are lots of negatives. They do not hire permanent employees often so I know people who have been with the city 10yrs and have no benefits or job security. It is very cliquey - one of the upper hiring managers told me TO MY FACE that they only rehire if the person got along with their crew, was punctual and adhered to all policies. One of the policies is that temporary workers (which most of us are) only get 2 sick days per 11 month period and if you go over that you are no longer considered a “recommended rehire” and you are bumped to “conditional rehire”. Managers and team leaders play favorites, and if you aren’t one of them you are pretty much doomed if you hoped your career would lie within the city. They don’t care about work ethic, just if you suck up to management.
Good pay, easy work
Extremely cliquey, unfair management
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 27Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Not exactly what I wanted to do
Administrative Professional (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB13 de Janeiro de 2019
My experience at The City was long-lived and very boring. Everything I went to school for and learnt, I used about 2% of my knowledge. There was hardly any work and no training or instruction on how to do the tasks given. However it was a special experience and not all businesses are run the same.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 11NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
excellent company to work for.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB12 de Janeiro de 2019
Excellent company to work for. If you're looking for a job in the Edmonton are area you wont find a better job. If you want competitive wages, excellent benefits and a good work/home life they are the employer you're looking for
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 6Não 2Denunciar
Great Summer Student Job
Summer Laborer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB14 de Dezembro de 2018
A great job for students over the summer. There is absolutely potential for individuals to move be promoted if they choose to stay on after they graduate.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 10Não 3Denunciar
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "City of Edmonton". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar