Avaliações de funcionários da empresa City of Edmonton

Mostrando todas as 278 avaliações
Cultura Empresarial
Takes forever to advance & shifts are impossible to get covered
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Fevereiro de 2019
have to work basically 2 whole years part time to get a raise so it takes a long time. Also the shifts you get you’re completely stuck with. Bad management
Paid on site breaks
Horrible working hours
Cultura Empresarial
Great to work on my feet outside and enfore by laws
Bylaw Parking Enforcement Officer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Fevereiro de 2019
Being outside everyday was a huge highlight. I do like being in charge of enforcing bylaws. I took pride in my job.

Wasn't paid that much as we were contracted out of a security company and not law enforcement.
Prós
Health benefits, working outside, made great friends
Contras
Not enough pay, physically demanding
Cultura Empresarial
working for the city of edmonton
Truck Driver Class (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB11 de Fevereiro de 2019
I loved working for the city .Just a few things that bug me and that was the drive to work from Camrose all my money was going to fuel . and shift work . I thought i only be on shift through the winter for a couple of years its not going on 5 yrs and it doesn't help that i have a little family to take care of. Once your in a postion with the city its hard to move up or down on the ladder . So your basically stuck in the middle and managment won't do much about it. I love driving truck its can be enjoying at times and exhusting at other time cause it just you in the truck and your mind will start to wonder .
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Loved working at the city park.
Seasonal Employee (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, KY9 de Fevereiro de 2019
Great workers and a great work environment. Easy and to the point instructions and a good idea if what jobs needed to be completed per day. Would highly recommend for a summer job.
long work day
TRUCK DRIVER V (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB9 de Fevereiro de 2019
Its a good job, management needs work. Lots of discrimination within the city. I thought it would be a job i would have till i retired. i worked for 5 years and still didn't get a perminate postion, due to a hiring freeze mandated from the mayor.
productive fun summer job
Horticulture Team Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB23 de Janeiro de 2019
Great for anyone wanting to work with a group of people as a summer job. Mainly involved doing minor horticulture and driving around getting to different positions
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Very mismanaged, and cliquey corporation with
Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB18 de Janeiro de 2019
The City has a lot of perks, don’t get me wrong. Such as good pay for easy work, good crews, appreciation brunches and dinners, etc. But at the same time, there are lots of negatives. They do not hire permanent employees often so I know people who have been with the city 10yrs and have no benefits or job security. It is very cliquey - one of the upper hiring managers told me TO MY FACE that they only rehire if the person got along with their crew, was punctual and adhered to all policies. One of the policies is that temporary workers (which most of us are) only get 2 sick days per 11 month period and if you go over that you are no longer considered a “recommended rehire” and you are bumped to “conditional rehire”. Managers and team leaders play favorites, and if you aren’t one of them you are pretty much doomed if you hoped your career would lie within the city. They don’t care about work ethic, just if you suck up to management.
Good pay, easy work
Extremely cliquey, unfair management
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 11NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Not exactly what I wanted to do
Administrative Professional (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB13 de Janeiro de 2019
My experience at The City was long-lived and very boring. Everything I went to school for and learnt, I used about 2% of my knowledge. There was hardly any work and no training or instruction on how to do the tasks given. However it was a special experience and not all businesses are run the same.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
excellent company to work for.
Heavy Equipment Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB12 de Janeiro de 2019
Excellent company to work for. If you're looking for a job in the Edmonton are area you wont find a better job. If you want competitive wages, excellent benefits and a good work/home life they are the employer you're looking for
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 1Denunciar
Great Summer Student Job
Summer Laborer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB14 de Dezembro de 2018
A great job for students over the summer. There is absolutely potential for individuals to move be promoted if they choose to stay on after they graduate.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8Não 2Denunciar
Great place to work!
Tax Assessment Clerk II (Contract) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB11 de Dezembro de 2018
Good management and good coworkers. Fair and reasonable place to work. Good work space and good corporate culture. Love the pot luck lunches and food by staff
Good diversity
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5Não 2Denunciar
Worst place to work
person (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB3 de Dezembro de 2018
I have not experienced the amount of disrespect from management & coworkers ever in my life until becoming a city employee , it use to be a great place to work. It has turned in to a very stressed filled environment . there is no communication, only dictatorship & A very demeaning culture . This is no localized, it is wide spread though out the city of Edmonton from general labours to upper management , it is very disappointing .
Prós
benefits
Contras
most management is unrealistic
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 18NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Awesome and unique workplace experience
Engineering Technologist (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB20 de Novembro de 2018
Working with City of Edmonton was a excellent experience of my career.
-wonderful multicultural environment at workplace
-Cooperative and helping senior management staff
-Lots of growth opportunities
good salary
More work load
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 7Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
no connections, no work for you
employee (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Novembro de 2018
The only way you can get a job with City of Edmonton, is if you have good friend or family work there
People with connections do what ever they want, people with out connection ....good luck to you
Typical day is out of 6 employees 2 of the are working and other 4 are sleeping or on the phone plying games
Many employees are sleeping at work
Promotions, how well you are connected with management that's how fast you will be promoted
no pros
favoritism, lies
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 20Não 1Denunciar
Its terrible
Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB16 de Novembro de 2018
-Misogynistic Culture of fear, humiliation and harassment fostered by and supported by upper management.
-Confusion and poor planning
-Nepotism and cronyism is the norm.
-Management treats temporary workers like pawns, whose schedules, place of work, and job descriptions can be changed without asking or any notification
-Temporary labourers are often given less than one day for notification of layoff
-The culture of gossip is extremely toxic. Especially amongst management. Both Direct and upper management
-Gives very little; almost no training on how to do the actual job you were hired for
Co workers
just about everything
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 22NãoDenunciar
3,0
Cultura Empresarial
good
Temporary Administrative Support (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB13 de Novembro de 2018
I was working through randstad agency.
but job atmosphere was excellent.

i was not on permanent position.so they were treating as a helping hand guest. They were happy with my service.
Prós
free lunch during over time.
some time
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Summary
Supervisor/Market Planner (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB9 de Novembro de 2018
I have worked at the COE for 7 years and it offers great job security and decent pay and benefits. While there are opportunities for growth they don't always seem to available.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Hard Culture to break into and harder clients to manage.
Elections Receptionist - Office of the City Clerk (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB3 de Novembro de 2018
It felt like the City's motto should have been what more can we take from our employees. There was a lot of hard work with little benefits and good luck if you are in a position that deals with the public. They feel like they own you because "they pay your salary". I have never been treated worse at a job by the clients.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5NãoDenunciar
Not for me
Supervisor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB29 de Outubro de 2018
If you enjoy feeling like you accomplished something in a day I wouldn't recommend CoE. If you want to punch a clock and float, great place.

Everything needs multiple approvals, union workers are invulnerable where management has nothing to review poor business practices. Change is rampant so you have to constantly navigate new procedures that no one knows, if someone doesn't want to do something they just pass the buck to another department and send you on a goose chase. Very frustrating and hard to stay motivated.
Prós
Many good people that try, slightly less hrs/week
Contras
Constant change and shuffling, many bad people who dont try, super process heavy
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
good
Park Ranger (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonotn26 de Outubro de 2018
good to work for
learned lots and had some really good supervisors
learned lots of interesting things and the pay was very well
lots of opportunities to grow and better yourself
lots of courses offered
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 2Denunciar
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "City of Edmonton". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar