Avaliações de funcionários da empresa City of Edmonton

Mostrando todas as 327 avaliações
Cultura Empresarial
good if you like a lazy atmosphere
Labourer/Operator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB20 de Agosto de 2019
very lazy workers and management, if your a lazy person will be good however if you find the day goes by faster if you work through it you will find the day drags on. When i say lazy i mean no one does anything for the majority of the day, so you really get to know your coworkers and it can be fun if thats what your looking for. Also impossible to get fired or reprimanded aafter you work there two years, one guy would come in an hour late every single day and never got fired.
fun, work security
not much money, boring
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Bloated ship ready to sink
Manager (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB14 de Agosto de 2019
Decades of poor management and poor financial accountability has created this unique mess of a city. It is bloated with over 16000 employees. That's an absurd number for the population.

Deputy city managers run little fiefdoms and don't work together. This costs the tax payer money and results in poor service. In fighting is the common practice with everyone afraid of being challenged in terms of how and what they do.

Management stab each other in the back in order to safeguard themselves. People don't want to change things even though things are abysmal when it comes to wasted processes and resources.

Favorites are picked based on how well they put on a show! It's all about appearance... you don't have to actually deliver anything! In fact, make something, even videos that amuse senior management and you've got it made.

Staff contributions are ignored and credit is taken by managers. The CAO has no clue what is going on other than whether or not her contract will be renewed so that she can buy things for her retirement.
Prós
You can do nothing; if that's your game
Contras
Zero satisfaction and growth for your career
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Political
Equipment Operator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB2 de Agosto de 2019
Worked for city for 6 years. If you are friends with your manager great if not then dont plan on being advanced cause they already have that planned.
Hours and future are myth they change and anything happens. Its like highschool all over again with the culture at work.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Best workplace
Agent (Clerk III) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB21 de Julho de 2019
City of Edmonton is the best workplace I ever worked for. There is a positive environment all around and people are very supportive. I love the company and always be glad for the knowledge I gained there.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 2Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Lacking Leadership resulting in toxic workplace
Health & Wellness (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB20 de Julho de 2019
High work volume with huge responsibility allowing little time for regular breaks which can affect ones health. Regular unexpected terminations of middle management resulting in regular chaos, miscommunication and actual "fist fighting" among business units as they are trying to do their jobs without proper direction. Bullying, harassment is common place and lack of supports prohibit one from doing a professional, stand up job (if this is what you desire)! Favoritism is also common place which may prohibit one from advancing internally despite possessing quals, just a toxic place to work in general if you "care" about your own personal performance! Lots of staff off work for stress so be prepared to pick up the pace! Senseless IT programs without value and the "We are One City" is a joke as you won't know what your own business unit is doing and those are always changing resulting in way too many little departments with lots of middle and upper management to run these department (ie.10 upper/middle managers, to run a little department of 10???) Top heavy in management all lacking leadership!
Salary and benefits
Leadership, direction
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Typical day at work
ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB10 de Julho de 2019
A typical day at work involves inspecting the entire job site. Addressing issues withe form work, reviewing construction materials, reviewing grades and elevations, meeting with the construction crew. Meeting with Planning PM to discuss updates.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
Very political
clerk II (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB9 de Julho de 2019
A good place to work for gaining experience but too political, you need to have a good relationship with management in order to be permanent or to move up your level. Unionized yet you can only get help if you are permanent employee, if you are temp no chance to get support. Too many favouritism, invisible discrimination. The saying is really correct, it is not what you know but who you know.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 10NãoDenunciar
Great for summer students
Labourer 1 (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB26 de Junho de 2019
Finish work at 3. Friendly and fun employees. BBQ provided in the summers. Foremans are great, respectful and acknowledge hard working labourers. Over time is nice, as its double-time
Prós
Fun, friendly and double overtime
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 3Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Great experience but the high pressure/ fast paced workplace is not for everyone.
Mental Health/ Healthy Living Consultant (Funcionário Atual) –  Century Place, Edmonton24 de Junho de 2019
Lots of pressure. If you don't have multiple projects on the go, they act like your not working hard enough. Never had to work from home but it was often hard to shake off the stress after each work day.
Earned day off (EDO) program- every third Friday
Management has had no raise in 3 years
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 4Denunciar
Excellent Employer
Dispatcher (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton, AB8 de Maio de 2019
I enjoyed going to work everyday. There is plenty of training. I learned alot of different skills and brushed up on some of my skills I already had. It is a wonderful working environment.
Lots of training
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 3Denunciar
Greta temporary job
LABOURER (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB6 de Maio de 2019
An amazing job for students in the summer. Only last till September. Not very hard work and get to plant flowers and take care of them. Some gross parts when cleaning parks/litter up.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4Não 2Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Little opportunity for advancement, dysfunctional mgt
Communications Coordinator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB5 de Maio de 2019
Working here was an exercise in futility. Management is completely cut off from the work done by front-line staff. Advancement opportunities were few and far between. I had numerous toxic managers who were moved to other areas instead of being dismissed.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 12NãoDenunciar
good place to work
Foreman on pothole truck and worked on paving crew (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB2 de Maio de 2019
enjoyed my time there. some people made the work enjoyable others did not. good leadership and good chances for advancement. hours weren't the best but they were acceptable.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4Não 3Denunciar
Good overall
Childcare Attendant Specialist - Part Time (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton13 de Abril de 2019
Very good work culture and team leader, the pay is low and advancement opportunity is not too great. The job is part time basis so shifts are not always guaranteed.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 3Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
This job gave me added experience in an area I did not have in my life before.
Recreation Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB9 de Abril de 2019
This is a City owned facility and it's rolenis vital to the recreation provides for locals and tourists. The food is overpriced but there is plenty to see and enjoy. As an Indigenous Interpreter I wear a costume and help the visitor to back in time to imagine what lives people had in previous generations. Everyone has a family and Fort Edmonton does a great job in bringing some value to Canadian history.
Prós
Bannock, animals on site, artifacts.
Contras
Overpriced admission, overpriced food, should no longer have wagon rides with horses and have no pigs or sheep.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 6Não 3Denunciar
day in the city
Playground Inspector/Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB2 de Abril de 2019
was always a very easy going place to work at. Pay was very good for a student who needed to save money during the summer months and couldn't work in the winter.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 3Denunciar
Fun staff and Management
311 Agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB22 de Março de 2019
My day at work involved working on the phones to help provide the citizens with various information. While it was a fast-paced job, my co-workers and managers always made sure the environment was stress-free as possible.

The compensation was more than adequate and allowed me to manage my expenses comfortably
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9Não 4Denunciar
Dying
Childcare Provider (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB22 de Março de 2019
I worked for the Greenshack program this summer during the INTENSE smoke outside. Levels were in the high 8's and 9's all day and only until it hit a 10 would the management let us go home. 8 hours in a level 9 is just as harmful as an hour in 10. Not just for me, but my kids as well. I should not have to hide in my car if working at my jo is making it hard to breathe or I feel sick.
Good pay
Poor care for workers
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 18NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Advancement is near impossible unless you know the right people
Job (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton20 de Março de 2019
Work is work. My co-workers are great. I have not learned much, I provide a benefit to the City for a salary. That's about it. Upper management and the City Manager are a complete joke. My direct managers are fine, although no one has the balls to do anything about any problems that may arise. The hardest part of the job is dealing with old farts that should retire or get with the future in the fact that not everyone has to be in an office from 9-5 now. There are opportunities to work remotely and save the City of Edmonton a ton of money. The City has become extremely cheap lately as well. Management hasn't received raises in 4 years and the Union is looking like it might be following suit. With the cost of inflation, not receiving a raise is actually a demotion or pay cut. The most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers and the fact that we all hate working for the City and can agree on that. Advancement is near impossible unless you know the right people.
I get paid well
Contras
Work is not in any way fulfilling
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 21Não 3Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Dont waste your time on temp work!
Labourer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Março de 2019
Worse place to work. To much politics an favoritism. Supervisors are idiots and disrespectful also dont care about there employees!
Dont waste time there unless you wanna be fired afer 11 months contract. Stay away
NONE!
EVERYTHING!
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 21Não 1Denunciar
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "City of Edmonton". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar