Avaliações de funcionários da empresa City of Toronto

Mostrando todas as 626 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
3,0
The People You Meet Are Great
Camp Counsellor/Community Youth Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON12 de Novembro de 2019
I think the people that you meet are the best thing about this job. I work with kids (running different programs, camps etc.). The salary sucks because different jobs are different pay. And you might only get 1 job a week and programs only work for 2 hours.
The ability to advance in this sector is tough because its all about who's worked the most hours. I run 3 programs a week, I had to talk to my boss because financial it wasn't worth it for me to come in 3 days a week for 2 hours, I told them either put them in the same day or find someone else (obviously it was said much nicer), (I also work in a tough neighbourhood so people are hesitant to work their.
People are willing to work with you which is great, my boss and supervisors are considerate and as my my second job I love it. I don't think its worth it full time. Once someone has a program/position its theirs until they quit so job security is there.
Cultura Empresarial
Productive and fun place to work with many activities
Community Youth Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON11 de Novembro de 2019
If you like being involved within your community and enjoy working with the community demographics and youth, this is the place to work. In order to be considered qualified for the job, there are a few pre-requisites such as first aid, high five principles and other pieces of training and certifications. A typical day would be engaging with the youth in the space, setting up the room, and distributing snacks. I enjoy watching Netflix showing and play the PlayStation 4 with the youth.
Good work environment
Senior Project Engineer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON10 de Novembro de 2019
The best place to work for, good work quality, equal opportunity and good compensation. Work place culture is perfect, the hardest part of the job is that you have to be loyal to your manager or you will be kicked out
the most enjoyable is that you will meet with the elected politicians
Fun Summer Job for youth
Camp Counsellor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON9 de Novembro de 2019
Training for camp staff is surprisingly engaging. Everyone, councillors, coordinators, CRPs, are all active and enthusiastic. It can be fast passed but in a way that promotes productivity.
Stable work
Arena pool operator 2 (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON5 de Novembro de 2019
Stable work environment, with some lack of team work. Hiring staff with very little experience . Lack of flexibility with scheduling leaves poor attitude and lots of staff taking advantage of system with sick days.
Receptionist (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON5 de Novembro de 2019
Loved working for the city or toronto! Everyone was friendly and super supportive. Some supervisors however were not very knowledgeable and did t make great leaders. There is a lack of training so you really have to be able to figure things out for yourself
Supportive and Productive Environment
Location Coordinator (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON2 de Novembro de 2019
The City provides support on multiple levels, through management, in all situations. Employees are engaging and hard-working. As a summer camp employee, there are multiple socials thrown throughout the summer.
easy peasy lemon squeezy
Water Maintenance Worker (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON30 de Outubro de 2019
it was a job. it wasnt hard. alot of guys dont like to work and others work too much. management at some yards dont have the time of day for their workers. supervisors and including the yard manager sit behind a door all day
Cultura Empresarial
Great job for part time students
Sports Organizer (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON29 de Outubro de 2019
Overall, as a university student, this job provides flexible hours and it provides decent pay. Compared to other part time jobs, working with the City's recreation definetley is great.
review
Gardener (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON28 de Outubro de 2019
thank you, i currently enjoy my job.
it has been a great two years and i plan on staying with the city for a very long time. i feel grateful, i just wish i would be able to work the winter.
fun place to work
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON26 de Outubro de 2019
management in aquatics isn't the best but the facilities are beautiful and most co workers are respectful. I would definitely recommend working here to a friend,
3,0
Toronto Water
Plant Technician/ stat. Engineer (Funcionário Atual) –  ABTP25 de Outubro de 2019
WWTP/ PLANT TECHNICIAN, we could use a lot of improvements at the facility. Housekeeping is a big problem in the plant AB. I feel there should be some in plant cleaners to help keep the common areas some what clean. As it stands now, the only cleaners (2) that I have seen are the cleaners who clean the change rooms daily our control room and WR are only cleaned once a week. Stair
Quiet and Efficient workplace
Planning & Zoning Student (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON23 de Outubro de 2019
Great place to learn about fundamentals of development as well as particular nuances in the relationship between public and private sectors. Great group of people with community oriented goals.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1NãoDenunciar
Excellent work place
Parks And Recreation Supervisor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON22 de Outubro de 2019
No complaints about the workplace, everyone is friendly
management is very understanding and typical day at work is full of laughs and getting the job done
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
A great organization that will let you make the job what you want it to be.
Millwright Mechanic (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON20 de Outubro de 2019
Specific for my work location.

I never knew coming in, in the morning, what my day was going to bring. I had ideas of what work would be done, but things frequently changed due to breakdowns and problems with equipment. It made the days exciting. Management were always supportive and willing to provide any resources required to achieve task and project completion. Training and courses for career advancement were always available and encouraged.
As with any workplace, there are always those who don't realize what they have, but there are many people who strive to do more, to do better and to learn new skills on the job. I have had the privilege of working with people who had amazing ideas, and great skills and we completed tasks and projects I never imagined I would ever be doing in my career. Besides the really good pay, the city is a place that allowed me to make my job what I wanted it to be. Having moved away from the GTA, I am going to miss my coworkers, the work, and working for the city and its people.
(Maintenance) Part-Time (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON17 de Outubro de 2019
There is allot to learn from your job at the city of Toronto the pay is great and you have good benefit. The management team can be difficult at times.
Good workplace culture
Management Consultant - Manager, Talent Management (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON10 de Outubro de 2019
The City of Toronto is a large organization with over 44 Divisions. The diversity of the people, roles and operations is a positive aspect of working at the City. It is a great place to work with many opportunities available to employees. There is meaningful work afforded to the employees and there is a sense of accomplishment as a good corporate citizen.
fun work place
Junior Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Leader, SK10 de Outubro de 2019
working with the city of Toronto has been a great experience, the people are great, the work environment was great and so was the overall experience. highly recommend
Cultura Empresarial
Was a good place to work lots of opertunities for promotions
Retired heavy equipment operator truck driver60 (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON26 de Setembro de 2019
Retired with 31 years service moved to tillsonburg enjoy the slower pace and less traffic 3 years retired now saying I would like part time job like driving and being on the go
very productive, hardwarker
Senior Database Analyst /Administrator (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON26 de Setembro de 2019
In my role introduced a complete automation solution that helps the business to translate business processes from static to a more dynamic and automated process.
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "City of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar