Branch of a big-name company fraught with structural problems
IT Sourcer/Recruiter (Ex-Funcionário) – São Paulo – 27 de Agosto de 2017
It should be noted this is a review specifically about the Brazil branch. I've no doubt the US one, or even the Argentina one, is a much better picture, so take this with a grain of salt.
In the interest of keeping this review short, I'll simply list the main issues:
- The recruiting department has Taleo Recruiting, but sadly the version put in place is poorly optimized for the workflow that was established in the company.
- The company's recruiting process did not keep up with its very high growth in 2016.
- The company's recruiting department lacks a sourcing team, which in turn leads to overworked recruiters who consistently have to do 10 to 12 hour work days.
- Overall work demands and priorities are not objectively set, and instead suffer the problem of "he who speaks loudest wins", when it comes to prioritizing demands.
- There is a lack of proper training and logical progression in terms of the person's career in the recruiting department, instead requiring the person to "carve their own path".
As for the pluses:
- The facilities are extremely nice and comfortable.
- The recruiting managers are fairly understanding and willing to work with you.
Really nice facilities, and despite my complaints, very nice people who try to make do with what they have.
Lack of proper HR systems, lack of career progression, lack of proper demand management