Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Costco Wholesale

Mostrando todas as 9.620 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Great place to work at
Front End Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  Honolulu, HI24 de Agosto de 2019
Pay is great, and the people working there treat you as family. The upper management needs improvements. Lots of benefits provided when working at Costco.
1,0
Poor Management
REGISTERED PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON24 de Agosto de 2019
Very Bad Management. So much drama at work place. Managers have favourites at work and try to protect the staff and promote people from same culture and religion.
Cultura Empresarial
No work life balance at all
Employee (Ex-Funcionário) –  Manassas, VA24 de Agosto de 2019
They suck you in with the pay and the benefits , other than that not that great of job. There is absolutely no work-life balance. Do not expect to see your family or be able to attend family events, kids soccer games, birthdays etc.
Our warehouse manager has the attitude of... If you don't like it quit. He is famous for telling employees "schedules are made for the needs of the business , not the needs of our employees."
This company thinks because they pay you well and give you the benefits that they can treat you poorly. We have employees at the warehouse that have worked over 10 years and still can't get full time. They truly would not care if a 20-year employee just up and quit. Most employees tolerate it because of the pay and benefits.
Good pay and benefits
Bad management
Worked hard, had fun
Night Merchandiser (Ex-Funcionário) –  Lethbridge, AB24 de Agosto de 2019
It was a lot of physical labor, but with fun co-workers the day went by quickly and easily. Everyone was willing to help out the other departments when needed, and worked hard to finish everything by the end of the night.
Cultura Empresarial
Fast paced high energy work place
Merchandising (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hillsboro, OR24 de Agosto de 2019
I was on the college student program at Costco so I was there during its busiest times of the year in summer and winter breaks. It was great being able to come back to a good paying job and garruanteed 20+ hours a week. Usually almost 40 hours a week because they are so busy during those times.

It did get frustrating though cause the managers moved locations a lot so it made it hard for me to build a repour with them and be able to network for future employment.
Prós
Good pay, benefits, job security
Contras
Short breaks and lunches, strict, stressful stocking in morning
Cultura Empresarial
Not a place I would pursue a career
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Saint Louis Park, MN24 de Agosto de 2019
Typical work day was busy.
I gained more experience working in another retail pharmacy environment.
My experience with the managers is that they lack professionalism.
The hardest part of the position was working as hard as I did with little acknowledgement.
The most enjoyable part of my position was working with the customers.
Very busy. Very short handed
LICENSED OPTICIAN (Ex-Funcionário) –  Raleigh, NC24 de Agosto de 2019
Very stressful. They don't fire anyone and they should.
Some areas are really stressful. Benefits are good. But you never get enough time to finish tasks.
N/a
Stock Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hialeah, FL23 de Agosto de 2019
great experience working for a huge corporation like this. I would rate this company a overall high to be apart of. Great customer service experience.
High paced work place
Morning Merchandising (Ex-Funcionário) –  Federal Way, WA23 de Agosto de 2019
Typical day for me was starting at 5am and ending at 1:30pm. Id stock my area prepare for opening then once we open you switch to the frontend. And from there you box or cashier. You have to have a sense of urgency while working the morning shifts as we are always preparing for opening and focused on having everything as neat as possible for our members. Have to have a great attitude after opening Costco is a well respected company and you must treat all members with respect. High paced no matter what position your in. Fun environment, great attitudes, great co-workers.
1,0
Biggest regret
SERVICE CLERK/ASSISTANT (Ex-Funcionário) –  Spokane, WA23 de Agosto de 2019
I used to believe this company would allow me to progress and create a fulfilling career. Boy was I wrong.

After working for a few years I ended up getting injured. My mistake was informing administration about it. During this time i began to realize that the "family" they talk about so much, is nothing more than a ruse.

If management does not like you, say goodbye to any shred of life you had left. They will not hesitate to chew you up and spit you out. I began to hear things such as "maybe you should quit" and "are you starting to look for another job yet?"

This was coming from Administration. Unfortunately when I reported this complex situation to HR, it only got worse, and I was forced to resign due to harassment and intimidation coming from the Admin.

I could not recommend this job to anyone that wants to succeed and move forward in life. The school and work balance for me was, non-existent. Intimidation and overall weak performance and management.

Stay away.
Amazing place to work!
MEMBER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Funcionário Atual) –  San Marcos, CA23 de Agosto de 2019
I've learned a lot working at costco, being involved and apart of a fast paced team really helps you in the long run and i enjoyed interacting with members every day and being able to learn new things.
Excelente
GERENTE DE MERCADOTECNIA (Ex-Funcionário) –  Monterrey, N. L.23 de Agosto de 2019
Empresa con excelente ambiente de trabajo y prestaciones. La mejor en el ramo de retail. Con gran apoyo para crecimiento, superación y formación profesional.
TODO
NADA
2,0
Cultura Empresarial
Fun workplace with excited workers
Cashier/ Cashier's Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Northridge, CA23 de Agosto de 2019
A typical workday would be to cashier for about 6 hours of the shift and then for the remaining two hours you clean the store. A cashier helps anywhere from 30 to 70 people per hour. You start to feel like a robot because they track your numbers and god forbid you aren't moving as fast as you were two days ago they harrass you until you do. There are advancement opportunities and the benefits are amazing. If its a job you want to stay at and build a career out of then its the right place for you. They work with students too.
productive & fun workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Funcionário Atual) –  La Habra, CA23 de Agosto de 2019
a typical day at work includes greeting members when they walk in, answering any questions they may have & working at the cash register to check members out.
Great Company
Cashier (Ex-Funcionário) –  Sandy, UT23 de Agosto de 2019
The company is really great to work for. The pay and benefits are amazing and didn’t cost you a lot out of your paycheck. The management at the store I was at was ok.
It's an ok job
Cart Attendant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Staten Island, NY23 de Agosto de 2019
Some management was really understanding to circumstances, others could care less. After corralling carts at night you have to help cleanup inside the store. Corralling carts is very fast paced and busy. If you take a breather, be discreet. You also have to clean up the parking lot while corralling carts.
Cultura Empresarial
Costco can be a great retail career
Stocking and member service (Funcionário Atual) –  The Woodlands, TX23 de Agosto de 2019
Costco has one of the best starting pay rates, time and a half pay on Sundays, raises earned by number of hours worked even part time employees get amazing health insurance benefits. How ever managers and management styles vary quite a bit. I wish managers had more training on dealing directly with the employees, and that the employees felt heard when making suggestions
Good seasonal position
Seasonal Bakery Employee (Ex-Funcionário) –  Reno, NV22 de Agosto de 2019
Busy during the holiday season but management in bakery always made sure we took our breaks and goals for the days were clear. However I would say that some regular employees made seasonal employees feel unwelcome.
Cultura Empresarial
It is what it is it is what you make it
Electronics Sales Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  Avondale, AZ22 de Agosto de 2019
It is ok, but you make it your life to become successful there. don't work there if you plan to just get in and go home. They want it to be your life.
Nothing really
Consumes your life
Great Place to work
Food Demonstrater (Ex-Funcionário) –  Roseburg, OR22 de Agosto de 2019
It was fast paced and all employees were friendly. I enjoyed meeting new people daily and chatting with customers. The hardest part was setting up the stations.
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Costco Wholesale". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar