Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Costco Wholesale

Mostrando todas as 10.280 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Cultura Empresarial
good
Customer service (Ex-Funcionário) –  Alhambra, CA13 de Novembro de 2019
good place to work
good starting pay for outside or the front end
if you get moved to the back or meat department you should ask for higher compensation
heavy boxes in meat department ,80lbs+
Costco
Stocker/Inventory/ Front End/ Cashier (Funcionário Atual) –  Rego Park, NY 1137413 de Novembro de 2019
Be prepared for a lot of hard work and time management skills. Pressure filled atmosphere and everything is either organized or not. Good pay and benefits.
Unhappy at Costco
Cashier's Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Merrillville, IN13 de Novembro de 2019
Working at Costco I learned quickly that they are a seniority based company and I didn't agree with how they operate and ultimately resigned due to unhappiness
I enjoyed working for Costco
Seasonal employee (Ex-Funcionário) –  Poway, CA13 de Novembro de 2019
Very fast paced place to work but great vibe. I was let go after season and no one was kept that year do to it being a newer store and after the holidays retail slowed for them at the location and they lets us go. so I moved on the working for Lowes.
Good job limited hours
Tire Center Supervisor (Funcionário Atual) –  North Plainfield, NJ13 de Novembro de 2019
Costco is a great place to work for. There are no set hours. Ive worked for the company since 2014 and still haven't received full time benefits yet. Laid back job though.
Cultura Empresarial
It was more work then needed
Stocking Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  West Palm Beach, FL13 de Novembro de 2019
It was fine I just didn’t have the time was supposed to be part time but I worked full time and got in trouble for going the extra mile at work to get the job done
Cultura Empresarial
COSTCO shop or work there?
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Palm Desert, CA13 de Novembro de 2019
Some people love to work there, but it is not for everyone. Personally I like to shop there more. For the most part the staff there are friendly, but there are many people and you can get lost in the shuffle
Pretty good company
Foodcourt shift supervisor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Kansas City, MO13 de Novembro de 2019
Okay place to work. Can be very stressful in food court area if management is not on point. Competitive when it comes to moving up and position changes.
Cultura Empresarial
Fast-Paced wrk environment, w/various positions to teach several skill sets
Front Store Supervisor - Support, Tire Center Supervisor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Houston, TX12 de Novembro de 2019
Costco Wholesale as a business treats its employees fairly, and pays very well comparable to other businesses of similarity. In the first years there are chances to advance and become promoted. I believe where it really shined as an employer was the benefits they provided; healthcare, 401K and even dental. Advancement did become a problem when workers were maxed out (reached highest pay level) where promotional opportunities start to become a little elusive. I would risk to say that an issue I and many coworkers felt and feared w/Costco was a lack of protection and communication. It is extremely customer based, which is a wonderful tool in developing stronger skills with the public, but depending on management any complaint from anyone about anything, whether serious or quite trivial, seemed met w/lack of belief in its own employees. Now this is a serious, prestigious customer service warehouse known for its expertise, conflicts like customer relations going wrong happen and Costco does go through lengths to teach by example how to avoid issues and how to solve them. But also w/in a customer service based employment, there should be a certain amount of protection or belief towards its own employees that go to great lengths for them, and as stated depending on management this seemed lacking. Other than that being said, Costco Wholesale is definitely an employer that will teach several useful skills in the business world, it expects only the best from its employees as it should, and offers several various departments in which to learn assets.
I quit the second day
Cashiers Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  costco carmel mountain12 de Novembro de 2019
if you're looking for a job where seniority is everything, Costco is the place for you. this means be prepared to be stuck in a 90's high school movie set where you're the new comer and have to be pushed around until you prove you're "good enough". I overheard many people complaining about us newbies and how we had no right to anything (this meant sitting in the break room if there wasn't enough space for people with more seniority to sit in) and so on. I worked with 5 cashiers 2 of who were nice the other 3 well lets say I was made fun of because I asked for sanitizer after I touched blood from a customers meat (its common sense to not touch fresh produce after you've touched blood) the second one yelled and humiliated me informant of customers every chance she had and the third simply made me put 3 water bottle packs on to belt for her to scan then out them right back in the basket because she did not want to use the hand scanner. This made me throw my back out ad quit on the spot. I have been bullied many times throughout my life but this job was the worst to say the least. after I quit I called about workers comp since I was unable to get out of bed for a bit over a week and never heard back from them. I always heard that Costco was the best place to work at so I gave it a shot I do not know if it was just the location where I got hired or if all locations are that way,
Cultura Empresarial
Very fast pace with minimal training
FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT (Ex-Funcionário) –  Clovis, CA12 de Novembro de 2019
A typical shift is 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch, and two 15 minute breaks. The shifts are super fast paced, which helps the day go by fast, but your breaks also go by very fast. There was nobody assigned to train any of the new hires. They basically threw all the new employees in there, and we had to hope someone would be nice enough to actually help teach. The environment was not warm at all, and the management was unorganized and very difficult to get ahold of. The most enjoyable part was the pay.
Worked hard
Cashier/Front End Asst (Ex-Funcionário) –  Christiana, DE12 de Novembro de 2019
Costco is a ok place to work if you want to be on your feet all day long. Front end asst job is actually just a grocery cart packing job. Most of the time that is what they need cart packers. The cashiers that get the high salaries don’t give up there positions so there is not room for advancement in the job.
Cultura Empresarial
Productive and Fun company to work for
Night Time Merchandise (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON12 de Novembro de 2019
Working at Costco was really fun since everyone on the team knew each other and helped each other to finish the job on time. The management was really kind and helpful when it came to training and understanding out personal life.
Amazing place to work
Bakery Wrapper (Ex-Funcionário) –  Eugene, OR12 de Novembro de 2019
Overall Costco is a great place to work. Unfortunately some management makes it feel impossible to advance further, even when you have a great amount of experience and simply want to be able to use your skills and experience to provide your department with as much help as possible. Otherwise, Costco is a place that makes you proud to work there. Definitely good pay, compared to literally any other grocery store in the industry. I highly recommend it, but this is why they are very particular with who they hire because of their great pay and benefits.
2,0
A whole lot of meh
Citrix Engineer 3 (Ex-Funcionário) –  Issaquah, WA12 de Novembro de 2019
From bad people being in charge to cio no one has heard from. Costco likes to say they promote from with in but it's only in a nepetistic way. Terrible people get put in charge of things they know nothing about.
I love Costco
Lead Janitor, Warehouse Forklift Operator, Front End Cashier (Funcionário Atual) –  Phoenix, AZ12 de Novembro de 2019
I have been with Costco for 12 years not and I love it. Costco is more than a job, it's my work family. I have always enjoyed my duties and serving the community. I am beyond thankful for this job.
Cultura Empresarial
Costco was a good work environment, to far for me to work at the time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Ex-Funcionário) –  Lawrence, NY12 de Novembro de 2019
Costco’s is a good work environment to be in and earn you way to better benefits and work, but the job location at the Costco’s I was at was to far for me to commute
Cultura Empresarial
Fast paced and overcrowded work environment.
CASHIER & STOCK ASSISTANT. (Ex-Funcionário) –  Queens, NY12 de Novembro de 2019
After clocking in, the employee meets its supervisor for instructions. The employee goes to its work station with Supervisors’ orders and no tardiness policies in mind and begins taking customers merchandise and organizing merchandise into customers shopping cart; and the employee does these maneuvers for the customer gently and quickly, within the fast paced environment, with Associates’ Advisor keeping up with constantly elongating and fast paced work station customer lines. There were 15 work stations, each work station had its Advisor and the Advisors’ Associate. Each work station had received orders from the Supervisor. After Associate is complete with the shift, it begins to replenish the cash register, and leaves.
Cultura Empresarial
can be a great starter career
Supervisor (Funcionário Atual) –  Washington, DC12 de Novembro de 2019
Should you enjoy retail and all it entails then costco is definitely a great place to work; benefits are phenomenal, however management is not always that great as they lack the skills to communicate effectively s well as they lack teamwork.
It was great.
Equipment Operator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Tracy, CA12 de Novembro de 2019
Costco taught me many things, not just work related, but also life decisions and always supported me. They are well driven and like to work at a fast pace to knock out our task for the day.
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Costco Wholesale". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar