Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Dollarama

Mostrando todas as 1.932 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Cultura Empresarial
Bad
Assistant Manager (Ex-Funcionário) –  London, ON18 de Abril de 2019
Horrible place to work. Hard work is never good enough...didn't matter how hard you worked and how stressed out you got, you were made to ffeel like you were replaceable
Cultura Empresarial
Hiring of only brown people
Merchandiser/Cashier (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON17 de Abril de 2019
I am african and when i got hired at dollarama there was a variety of different cultures working there. Once the store manager was replaced, to someone brown who got promoted, he began to only hire brown people, and started reducing my shifts to one shift a week. Not only did he reduce my shifts, but he also was favoriting all of the brown people. I don't enjoy working there no more, due to the lack of fairness i am receiving by this store manager.
close to my house
racist environment
Fun place to work.
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  Guelph, ON17 de Abril de 2019
Very fun place to work, everyone gets along great. Only downside I would say is there are no raises, you start at minimum wage and the only way to make more money there is to become management.
fast paced work
Crew Member (Ex-Funcionário) –  Burnaby, BC16 de Abril de 2019
I was the merchandiser and also the cashier at Dollarama. It was fast paced. Also, had to keep the work place tidy and clean. Help the customers finding the right thing.
I worked at dollarama for 2 years.
Cultura Empresarial
Fast paced and fun environment
Manager (Funcionário Atual) –  Ottawa, ON16 de Abril de 2019
Fast paced, always something to do. Great for people are motivated and always on the go.

New opportunities to develop your career.
New stores opening every week that you can be a part of.
Prós
benefits
Contras
Unwelcome and unorganized
Stock Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  Milton, ON15 de Abril de 2019
I'd start my shift typically at 8:30am and end at around 4:30pm or 5:30pm depending on if I got my tasks done. When hired it was made clear that my position was temporary and although taking that in mind, employees that worked the store were not welcoming to the additional help (myself and two other people). Being that our tasks were to help with stock, none of the additional workers got training or even simple knowledge on where things were located in the store. I got asked a lot by customers where items were located or if we carried specific products and unfortunately had to explain that I wasn't sure due to just helping out with the expansion but sending them to an employee that would know. This caused the workplace to look disorganized. Multiple times I was asked to also help out on cash when traffic flow was heavy through the store. I've been a cashier for 2 years so learning the register was easy, but normally a cashier regardless of experience would get some sort of training as all systems are slightly different. Getting through a return was difficult on my own as when I called for help no one arrived and my coworkers on cash didn't give me the time of day. At the end of my time there I was offered a more secure job, but after seeing how the workplace ran I declined. The part of the job I enjoyed was how flexible it was with my schedule of going to school and having previous commitments. It felt like I got to create my hours most days which was nice when pacing myself or if I knew I had a lot of tasks.
3,0
alright
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB14 de Abril de 2019
I didnt mind it. It was my first job. It was fairly easy. I just cleaned up the aisles, put merch away. My manager was not very nice so it made working here bad.
short shifts
Contras
hours are based on seniority
Cultura Empresarial
Do more in less time, while they make getting things done harder
Store Associate (Funcionário Atual) –  Dartmouth, NS13 de Abril de 2019
It used to be that my store had 500 hours per week for people to work, now we're expected to get more merchandise out, serve more customers, rearrange the aisles, and clean up the store with 300 hours.

Also, every update to the P.O.S. just makes it worse. It used to be that we could sign in using a generic number and a password. Now we have to sign in using our employee number and our fingerprint - which doesn't work 90% of the time, by the way.
Prós
Flexible hours, lots of time off
Cultura Empresarial
Safety issues and hours being cut
Cashier Dollarama Harbour Centre (Ex-Funcionário) –  Dollarama 555 Hastings Vancouver bc13 de Abril de 2019
Since they stopped having security most of the time we were getting were finding that the street people at Harbour Centre were getting much more aggressive, trying to assault us my colleague quit the day someone hit \\her in the face and tried to assault her as wel..of course no security. My last day there at front cash (we always have 2 cashiers) someone tried to jump over my till...not a sup in sight and no security.
The really last straw was when I 2 years I was averaging 25-30 hrs a week. Then we noticed since the Fall (Well July/August) our hours were going down to 15-20/week.Then 10 hrs a week and my last 6 weeks there they gave me 3 weeks at 8hrs /week and my last 3 I was getting 4hrs/week. I spoke with the DSM and asked if I could change locations and he said there was nothing ava, maybe in a few months. My colleague had been there 4years and was getting the same treatment. Yet they kept hiring new people constantly and giving people who only had a few weeks or months experience 20-25hrs a week. Alsol my colleague was pepper sprayed about a year or two ago and wound up in the hospital.
Prós
It was a fun place to work when we had security
Contras
People getting mugged, held up at knife point outside the store and in the store
great
Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  finch and keel12 de Abril de 2019
uneasy workplace and many matters between customers and thief occurs and plus such insecure place to work out. but great co workers to help out as well
too rash
3,0
Basic Entry Level Position
Assistant Team Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  St. Albert, AB11 de Abril de 2019
Been working here for 3 years, always had wonderful managers, but terrible assistant managers. Flexible schedule sometimes, but you get overworked due to being understaffed.

Benefits after 16 weeks of 25+ hours plus an additional 1000 hours. They will take it away if you don't have 25 hours minimum and not inform you. Thus I had to re-do this all again.

Advancement. Oh boy, they give advancement to those that have "been there for so long" yet I was a staff member that helped set up a brand new store and stuck around through 3 different managers yet was passed over because "i did not have open availability" for the same position just a higher pay (Assistant team leader to team leader) because I was in school and only required 2 days off of work and was still able to do 30+ hours and work 5 days a week.

Also would not give a promotion to someone that has worked with the company for 4 years, but would hire new people and train them just for them to leave after a week or two, so has a high turnover rate.

Not a bad job culture if you have a good team, however, management always teaches things differently and a lot of miscommunication and therefore, assistant team leaders don't get to say very much because "they aren't the boss" and it should only be upper management. So being a part of a team is a no-go as much as they say its all about being a team.

Every day was the same, work on freight, get the product out. if you're a student in high school or university, i'd say give it a shot and apply but don't expect very much in return. if you need the money while going
  mais... to school, just do a store associate position. If they promote you, you'll only be making a couple cents above minimum wage depending on store sales and such.  menos
health benefits
Contras
long hours, overworked, no chance for advancement, terrible management, not team orientated sometimes
great experience
Retail Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  High River, AB11 de Abril de 2019
I absolutely loved the experience, the fast paced environment kept me on my toes! I made great workplace relationships here and i learned so much working at this location.
great experience
N/A
productive fun work place
Assistant Manager (Ex-Funcionário) –  Sylvan Lake, AB11 de Abril de 2019
Dollarama has taught me a number of skills, such as team management and customer relations. A very fun, fast paced work environment, with a supportive management team
Wishy Washt
Stock Person (Ex-Funcionário) –  Campbellford, ON11 de Abril de 2019
They never hired any of the younger staff who helped set up the store. they told us they'd keep our resumes and hire us first if they needed employment but we never got calls back and they hired new people.
friendly
Contras
never got a job out of it
Cultura Empresarial
Fairly standard place to work
Cashier (Ex-Funcionário) –  Oakville, ON10 de Abril de 2019
Good hours, (mostly) nice staff, can advance positions. However, there are many inconvenient policies in place such as not being able to void an item after 10 seconds (need a keyholder/manager) Gets extremely busy around the holiday season and customers can become irritated.
Prós
Good learning experience, enough hours
Contras
No discounts, rude customers, annoying policies, hard to get in touch with management
A very busy workplace.
Freight Associate (Funcionário Atual) –  Prince George, BC9 de Abril de 2019
Always a busy place to work and shop, full of so many tasks. A lot of rules and guidelines that have to be taken care of. The wage needs to be improved as I think it is one of the toughest jobs.
zero
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON9 de Abril de 2019
Words can not describe how terrible a place it is to work.
Not enough hours to earn a living working for this company. Tiny room which they consider a break room, not even a sink.
Contras
no hours, bad and inexperience management
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Unreasonable amount of work to be done
Cashier/Keyholder (Ex-Funcionário) –  Sidney, BC9 de Abril de 2019
Typically we were never given enough hours in a week for everyone or everything to get done, felt like we were killing ourselves for a company that didn't appreciate us. Too much workload not enough time or people. But loved everyone I worked with, nice and happy people, just constantly tiring ourselves everyday for minimum wage. Not worth it. Also you are not given your two 15s when you work 8 hours, only get a half hour.
Fun coworkers
Contras
Awful pay, no benefits, managements expectations are too high
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Summary
Cashier/Customer Service (Ex-Funcionário) –  Ajax, ON9 de Abril de 2019
It was ok, i liked working there, the management was fine, worklife and lifestyle was balanced, everything was good! Co workers were really helpful as well.
overall very good
STORE MANAGER DOLLARAMA #430 (Funcionário Atual) –  Winnipeg, MB8 de Abril de 2019
this is a very god company to work for if you are in a management position. regular staff receive only minimum wage with hardly any pay increases. hours are flexible, but as with any company, they want complete open availability
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Dollarama". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar