Dollarama
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Dollarama: Ottawa, ON

Encontramos 66 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 2.528 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
Fun workplace with some great people to work with
It is a great place to work where you can improvise social skills as well as your time management skills since the work is fast-paced and this requires you to focus more on your technique to save time. The team I have at Dollarama is great as well who are ready to provide any help or assistance you need.
great place to work
We had holiday parties, pizza fridays etc. My boss was a human being and understood life happens and actually listened and help me. I had a great time working there. the only reason I left was to go back to school
great people work there
Contras
nothing really just daily wear and tear
Cultura empresarial
competitive workplace and fun collaboration
Assistant with the manager, answered phone calls, competitive workplace, merchandised the items in their place, need full availability, managed to open the store and close.
Cultura empresarial
Good place to work, nice customers, friendly staff
Good place to work, nice customers, friendly staff, gets fast at times with aot of customers, then slow at others during the day. overall, its a pretty nice place to work at.
fast paced work setting
my days at Dollarama consisted of facting shelves, assisting at cash if there where line-ups, and assisting customers with finding items that they needed if i was able to assist
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
fun and hard working
cultured group of respectful collagues I would like to work there again if I was offered a position payed well for what I did I really respected the managment
A good first job
It's okay working there. It is a good first job. My managers and co-workers were nice so everything was good. It was not a stressful environment. I am grateful I got a job there.
Boring
Management needs to learn to treat their employees properly. Good hours. No benefits. There were extra duties added to work. Over nights are very boring. There is a lot of discrimination that happens between people.
Lots of free time
Long shifts
Cultura empresarial
Great experience, fast paced and growing company
I started with this company after leaving an 10+ term at Loblaws. I enjoy my job and my team has been built to compliment each other. We are close and even spend time with each other outside of work which I find is rare in the retail world.
Prós
Paid hourly even as a store manager
Contras
Pressure for productivity can be immense depending on store situation
Great environment
Assisted manager daily. Set up aisles and display. Counted cash nightly. Opened and closed store. Managed staff employees. Stocked shelves and Placed inventory orders.
Cultura empresarial
Fast paced and fun environment
Fast paced, always something to do. Great for people are motivated and always on the go.

New opportunities to develop your career.

New stores opening every week that you can be a part of.
Prós
benefits
Contras
productive fun work place
productive fun work place with good work life balance flexible hours nice cooperative manager nice colleagues good benefits accommodating comfortable setting environment
free lunches
nothing
Cultura empresarial
Dollarama is a company where there employes are very content and we get the job done.
I'm usually a cashier, we get all types of customers not always the nicests ones but you get use to deal with the situation. I learned how to handle money. The management is great they are very organized. The hardest part of the job is to handle angry customers and people who steal. The best part about the job is that its very straight forward the technologie is very simple to use.
Consistency
Not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Management was really understanding, and it was a quiet little place in the corner of Blackburn, so most of the customer were really nice, and the days were not all that bad.
dollarama
It is one of the best company to start with. You learn many skills like customer interaction, taking care of cash, merchandising etc. There is a lot of employees benefit also included while working with this company.
Cultura empresarial
Good company to work for
This company really puts there employee first. They are very flexible with demand and staff request. They will always do there best to accomadate you.
Easy but unreliable
I worked for only three months at Trainyards because they messed up my transfer to another store, the manager left and I couldnt track her down so I lost my job there. Also the training is not the best, they show you how to work cash once or twice and that's it, and they dont clarify any rules, cash access is limited so when you make a tiny mistake you need to bring in management so you feel kinda stupid. Also, no safety training!
Allas, it was pretty good, I really liked my coworkers as they were all nice. You dont really get benefits or a discount but i didnt care since its a dollar store. I only worked weekends until Christmas time where i had more hours so i had all my evenings off.

I wouldnt return if they asked me back, not worth it but I guess its a good starter job.
Merchandise & Cash
At dollarama You mostly do everything. Sometimes you will be cash & other days you will be stock. Sometimes you clean and organize stuff that aren’t supposed to be there.
Gift cards
Serious rules.
Cultura empresarial
it was alright for a short time
It wasnt the hardest job but wasnt the easiest job, theyd make us punch out right on the minute at the end of the shift but keep us working past the time we punched out to get all the cleaning done which was illegal, i also didnt get paid $600 for one of my paycheques, sooo i had to leave this place because if there not going to pay me whats the point. I never saw justice for that paycheque.
2,0
Unrealistic Expectations
Minimal hours given to get stuff done. Management team are simply glorified freight pushers. Hardly any positives are given to the store during a visit by the district and regional managers. A lot of working off the clock to make sure you don’t go over wages. No inventory system. End of season pack up for every holiday is a complete waste of time and resources. Worked with some really good people that made the day better. Seen some people work very hard with little to zero thanks or reward. Very little emphasis on workplace safety. Backroom conditions were sometimes unsafe due to all the freight and skids.
Prós
Worked with some hard workers
Contras
Low pay for long hours, unrealistic expectations
Cultura empresarial
Depends on what you want out of it
I was a store manager for a little over two years so my perspective might be different. This job is what you make it. Yes the wage and hours aren't always the greatest but hey, that's retail. If you're looking for a job that will pay you super well right off the bat and give you all the hours you want then move along. There are some members of upper management who are unrealistic with their expectations which can make completing everything on time a challenge. The company is growing though and there will be lots of positive changes coming down the tubes. Right now as long as you don't mind fast paced hard work you will do well. You wear many different hats in a day so things are always changing (Ie: cashier, stocker, inventory manager etc). Though it's a tough job, it can really help you hone valuable skills and keep you in shaped. Overall it's a great experience and can be a fun job though the company as a whole has some kinks to work out.
Prós
Keeps you in shape, Lots of tasks to keep one busy
Contras
Some managers are inexperienced. New company so not very advanced in practices
Perfil Solicitado
Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?
Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Dollarama". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.
Avaliação geral