Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Lululemon Athletica: Key Leader

Encontramos 51 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca. Ver todas as 603 avaliações
Key leader
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Oklahoma12 de Fevereiro de 2020
i was a KL for a few years and was "performance managed" out... simply because I wasn't going for a promotion. the company is so super focused on everyone moving up and on... if one isn't striving for a another role (at all times) - management will find a way to get you out.

there is constant feedback required. in both directions. the positive feedback is typically overlooked. the negative feedback is documented and focused on. often times the "negative feedback" is provided from an unidentified source.... so one doesn't have any context behind it. and forget attempting to provide context or trying to defend yourself. you're expected to just "take it"... especially if your perspective or experience conflicts with the feedback. it's very frustrating.

the company prides themselves on being "authentic".... but if someone doesn't fall inline with, who others think or feel you SHOULD be... then you're expected to alter yourself. sort of like someone telling you "who you are"... so how is that honoring authenticity? very confusing.

there's massive favoritism. managers higher their friends and protect them. if you're not a "friend" outside the store... then you'll probably find yourself in conflict with management eventually.
Cultura empresarial
Good vision and goals, but poor management to execute those principals
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Summit, NJ11 de Fevereiro de 2020
This is going to be long as I want to make sure those who decide to step into lululemon with visions of advancing within the company are given an insight in what can occur. I understand this is just my one experience, and I encourage those reading this to take this into account, but continue to do research and create their own decisions:

I stepped into lululemon believing in their philosophy, and the vision they expressed. One specifically being around leading the industry in leadership development. I am always looking for ways to further my personal development when it comes to my professional performance. Lululemon also speaks highly around the Educator (salesperson) being the most important piece of the company.

I felt during my time at the store and with the company, that none of these principles were consistently executed. As a member of the floor team, I felt accepted and appreciated and reciprocated these sentiments with my fellow sales force. When I stepped into my work with the management team, I felt that my leadership development lacked authenticity, which is a core value of the company. I did not feel like I was able to develop my own leadership style, but was being forced to copy that of my management team. There was not a space to collaborate or discuss matters, but rather it felt like "do as I say or you will be logged." Overall, the lack of ability by the management team led to micro-management as they were not able to successfully manage their people - myself and other members of the team.

There was constant critique or "feedback" around my performance.
  mais... I have grown up in an athletic environment where success and performance are constantly being evaluated, and have constantly received coaching and feedback with the end goal being success. I am comfortable with being challenged and pushed to grow. However, at lululemon, this was the first time I felt that there was no justification to the feedback. And when there was success by myself or a teammate, there was no proper recognition. If there was a shoutout on performance by a guest or a teammate hit a goal, the management team oversaw this. And when something came up around lack of performance, the management team would only then confront the employee. Along with finding these moments to give feedback, it felt as if management only sought you out to ask for more favors. At first, you do this willingly as we are all on same page to reach success, but quickly find out there is no appreciation and you are constantly working above and beyond. They preach on work/life balance, but then continue to ask more and more of you. I guess the silver-lining of this is that I quickly learned how to say "no" to things, which is not normal for me.

Educators were not respected for their efforts. And for a company to preach around connection and authenticity, it felt as if these aspects were then used as ammunition against you later on. We all understand that we are in a work environment and have to perform. But when we are asked to approach our management team with our needs and collaborate on what can do together to solve the situation, negative attitude and annoyance are not what you want to receive while being vulnerable.

Overall, my experience with my fellow co-workers and floor team were great! They were all amazing individuals, and made "selling stretchy pants" incredibly fun! However, as I stepped into further roles with the company and management team, I felt belittled and irrelevant. If there is going to be a push for leadership development and growth within the company, lululemon needs to spend some serious time reflecting on their methodology and who they are placing in these pivotal roles!
  menos
Wonderful Place to Work for Development
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Boston, MA16 de Novembro de 2019
If you are looking for a place where you will gain amazing personal and professional development then you will love lululemon. You will need to work your way through store management prior to being given an opportunity to lead through corporate, etc. Pay is hourly and a bit more that usual retail positions. The only benefit that is not provided until you hit a certain level is paid time off- you are given a certain amount of vacation days, but do not get paid when you take them. Can make it difficult for work life balance.
lululemon
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Kittery, ME30 de Outubro de 2019
lululemon not just a retail job.

lululemon is a great company to work for and has plenty of benefits for both PT and FT employees. The opportunity for in-store growth or moving within the retail chain (state to state, country) is supported 100%.

pros:
comfy clothes, chill environment, personal development and great sweat benefits

cons:
limited growth outside of the retail environment, black out vacation dates, working holidays and weekends
Pros/Cons
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  White Plains, NY21 de Setembro de 2019
Pros:
- tools/resources available to make you a better leader
- benefits/pay

Cons:
- constant change of management
- stressful/critical feedback
- not valued
Cultura empresarial
Incredible culture the company really cares
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Windsor, ON9 de Agosto de 2019
Fantastic open door policy..great culture great pay..work life balance is a must in their eyes.. outstanding..
The company and management care about your career and personal development.
Great culture
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Avalon, NJ6 de Agosto de 2019
This job is much more than "just a retail job." The company really invests in your personal growth and development, and also pays for your workout classes!
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
Fun but Micromanaged
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Auburn Hills, MI18 de Junho de 2019
Every small task that can be done by someone else is delegated. There is a long line of delegation that is brought in on top of the daily activities. Be prepared to be micromanaged.
Great starter job
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Knoxville, TN17 de Maio de 2019
I enjoyed working here as a starter job to boost me into my career. It didn’t seem that advancement was a big possibility because our market only had one store—advancement relies heavily on working in different stores, which wasn’t a possibility for my lifestyle. Overall it was a great experience and I felt like my development and impact were important to the company. There are tons of opportunities to learn and grow and I feel very set up for any role I step into.
Key Leader
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Columbia, MD12 de Abril de 2019
Lululemon provided me so much knowledge about business overall- I got a chance to make connections with guests, recruit and train a team, take care of back of house duties such as strategically creating events and planning budget, etc. It was an amazing first job. However, the hours are not ideal once you complete college and just want a regular 9 to 5- there are a lot of late nights and weekend work days involved. Also, the salary is very low. However, the company makes up for it in small ways such as providing a pre-paid card that you can use at a gym. Overall very competitive place to work- everyone wants to take the next role and all have bachelor's degrees/are over qualified.
Prós
prepaid card, day off during the week, comfy clothes to work
Contras
work on weekends, work on holidays, low salary, competitive environment
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
n/a
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON1 de Abril de 2019
company manages your personal life and forces you to put the business first even if you are at the lowest level of the company. you can't call in sick without documentation.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 11NãoDenunciar
Lululemon
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Bethesda, MD14 de Janeiro de 2019
A great work atmosphere but you don't make nearly enough for the work you put in. They recently changed how you commission so you aren't able to make a daily sales compensation. Only for the month and quarter
Discount
Low wages, stressful enviorment
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 1Denunciar
Cultura empresarial
Awesome company to work for
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Miami, FL14 de Novembro de 2018
One of the top companies to work for, great cultural foundation. Advancement is pretty fair depending on your region, they like to promote within. Great discounts and perks of working for the company
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Winnipeg, MB5 de Novembro de 2018
Great place to work, great people. Good benefits. Great discount and fitness package. Great culture good work life balance. Lots of opportunity to move up.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5Não 1Denunciar
Cultura empresarial
Fun place to work if you are the right kind of person
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Denver, CO13 de Agosto de 2018
Very cultured environment, if you don't fit the lululemon culture it's tough to fit in. It if fun to work there if you are into fitness and building a strong sense of community.
workout benefits
Contras
tough to work with another job, not enough pay
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Job Love
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Burlington, WA1 de Agosto de 2018
this company is amazing. Looking for employment in my field after college is so difficult because no company comes close to the employee love that lulu has. Great leadership that breeds more great leadership. you will not find a company that cares more about it's people.
AMAZING CULTURE
Good place for work
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Miami, FL25 de Julho de 2018
It was a nice experience. Its a very supportive and constructive environment. There are great growth opportunities. There is fantastic life & work balance. This company really has your best interest in mind.
culture
management
Cultura empresarial
Incredible company culture with limitless potential for personal development.
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Houston, TX25 de Junho de 2018
At the end of the day, still a retail job. Must be comfortable with everything that comes with the industry - almost zero flexibility around the holidays, early mornings, late nights, guest interactions, tasks like folding, cleaning the store, etc.
Free workouts
Contras
Short breaks, blackout period during the holidays
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 2Denunciar
Great company
Key Leader (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hamilton, ON13 de Junho de 2018
I loved the opportunities for growth, the detail in the product we sold and the importance to take care of our guests to provide an awesome experience when they came in. I teach yoga so I could relate to many guests shopping for product to suit their physical activity.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 3Denunciar
fun atmosphere, high energy
Key Leader (Funcionário Atual) –  Troy, MI7 de Maio de 2018
very fast paced, busy all the time. Educators are very positive and fun to be around, management is very focused on leadership and development of staff.
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Lululemon Athletica". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar