Avaliações de funcionários da empresa National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces

Mostrando todas as 1.344 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Best Job
Training Coordinator (Funcionário Atual) –  Ottawa, ON22 de Agosto de 2019
Serving in the Canadian Armed Forces has been an honor and privilege. It gave me many skills that are in demand in todays job market. Every Canadian should serve there country, for period of time.
Cultura Empresarial
Rewarding and fun place to develop skill sets
RSM/Headquarters Sergeant-Major (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON21 de Agosto de 2019
The people you work with is what makes the workplace very memorable. It doesn't matter how long or how hard a task is, if you are with the right people with the right personality, it will make any type of work or task easy to accomplish.
Cultura Empresarial
If you love camping, shooting, and hiking
Private (Funcionário Atual) –  Lethbridge, AB20 de Agosto de 2019
If you love those above activities the army may be the job for you, they offer full time employment as well as part-time. I did Full Time Summer Employment and managed to get all the course I wanted to get done and had a blast while doing them.
Cultura Empresarial
Best experience of my life.
Infantryman (Ex-Funcionário) –  Canada19 de Agosto de 2019
There are no words to explain the amount of knowledge I've obtained, and how much experiences I've gained from serving. I won't lie, it was difficult from the first day to the very last. Lack of sleep, physical exhaustion, and only thing to keep you going are the friends with whom you form a strong bond, and desire to push. Nothing like it.
Wonderful
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Winnipeg, MB19 de Agosto de 2019
Just an amazing experience, so interesting! Great pay and benefits! I would love to do it again. The best hours and you learn so much every single day.
Secure, engaging employment
Officer (Funcionário Atual) –  Montréal, QC17 de Agosto de 2019
The CAF offered many diverse opportunities for me to continue my professional development. I was able to obtain two business-related degrees while continuing my employment.
Cultura Empresarial
Administration in Human Resources Section (Ex-Funcionário) –  Start Top and HQ Downtown17 de Agosto de 2019
Good environment pleasant staff and polite military personnel.. Very pleasant place to work and I’m looking forward to have the opportunity for more contact working for them .. I’m only under temporary contract with an agency.
discipline, structure, family
Reserve Weapons Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Hamilton, ON16 de Agosto de 2019
Joined when i was 17. never regreted. did some really cool stuff, sat through some really boring stuff, and endured crazy limits that you'll never regret achieving.
2,0
Cultura Empresarial
It takes a certain kind of person
CIC Glider Pilot Instructor (Funcionário Atual) –  Gimli, MB10 de Agosto de 2019
If you are strongly self-motivated and can compartmentalize on duty and off duty time then you can usually have fun. Otherwise, this job is physically and mentally exhausting, and often frustrating. Long term hard work pays off but you don't really see the effects. Definitely a strange work culture, often aggressive and toxic, but also a strong sense of camaraderie.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 1Denunciar
Awesome opportunities
Assist in disaster relief (Funcionário Atual) –  Summerside, PE3 de Agosto de 2019
I wish I would have done this sooner. The opportunities are endless. Fulltime summer employment, paid training and class B contracts. A person can't get any better than the CAF.
Cultura Empresarial
It is what you make of it.
Infantryman (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB1 de Agosto de 2019
Depending on the specific trade that anyone is evolved in. Experiences may vary in the Canadian Armed Forces. But at the end of the day, its all what an individual makes of it.
Good Career
Canadian Armed Forces (Funcionário Atual) –  Hamilton, ON30 de Julho de 2019
Joined reserves at 16, provided employment as a teenager and valuable experience to set me up for my career. I become an infantryman and developed valuable skills that have helped me in every day to day life.
Personal Journey
Military Police (Funcionário Atual) –  Canada30 de Julho de 2019
I enjoyed working for the Canadian Forces. it is very difficult to balance work and home life. excellent opportunities for travel, and extensive training in a variety of fields.
Paid Travel
Long Hours
Exciting work
AEC (Funcionário Atual) –  Halifax, NS27 de Julho de 2019
Exciting and challenging opportunities. Endless possibilities for employment locations and career advancement. Excellent pay and benefits including pension plan.
great career opportunities
Pilot, Naval Officer (Ex-Funcionário) –  CFB Esquimalt26 de Julho de 2019
Excellent career opportunities, great pay and benefits, great option for young people to get a start in the work world and earn degree/ diploma while being paid.
Cultura Empresarial
Productive and fun place to work
Artilleryman (Funcionário Atual) –  Woodstock, NB24 de Julho de 2019
Working for the CAF was one of the best things for me as it made me; motivated, determined, dependable and gave me time management skills. I'd recommend to anybody I know.
The people I worked with
Contras
Weather can make the job worse sometimes
Cultura Empresarial
Very disciplined/Many valuable skills and Experiences
Corporal rank in the Infantry (Funcionário Atual) –  Montréal, QC22 de Julho de 2019
A typical day at the unit will always vary; sometimes you may be cleaning the drill hall or performing a weapons inspection for the recruits or you might be in the field shouting orders and digging trenches under simulated fire.

I have learned many things from my military experience so far, namely the importance of punctuality and teamwork (two huge factors in deciding the fate of a firefight in warfare). I have learned patience and virtue to all aspects of military culture and the hardships of being a leader and having ten lives in your hands.

When it comes to management at a unit or on a deployment, it varies largely. When it comes to new recruits, you need to be more patient and considerate. It takes initiative to be leader and lots of "thinking on the spot". When it comes to qualified privates or newer corporals they tend to look up to you and take initiative of their own.

The hardest part of this job would most likely be the long days without sleep and constant physical labor when you are in the field. Sometimes you may go three sleepless days of hard work and grueling workouts or rucksack marches only to sleep four hours then another two sleepless days.

The most enjoyable part of the job would most likely be the closeness with your comrades and how everyone is family in the CAF. Every hardship is experienced by all who follow you whether it be simulated combat or a nine month combat deployment; everyone experiences similar things which reinforces the bonds between soldiers.
Strengthened bonds between soldiers
Long Sleepless hours
Nevery typical, changes daily
Naval Weapons Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Everywhere22 de Julho de 2019
Many different challenges, work depends on your supervisor and how well you get along with them. There are alot of self motivated people so the idea that they are looking out for you is not there. Has many benefits but just has many hurtles.
Good Pay
Away from family
Great Experience
Infantry Soldier (Ex-Funcionário) –  New Brunswick16 de Julho de 2019
if the lifestyle is for you then its a great experience and lots of fun
3,0
It's the Military,
Materials Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Canada12 de Julho de 2019
Long hours, difficult job. Great Sense of fulfillment.
Job security
Contras
Long hours, the food, leadership sometimes
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar