Avaliações de funcionários da empresa Shaw Communications

Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
3,0
Terrible Training, Dishonest Culture
Content Coordinator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB16 de Fevereiro de 2019
Unfortunately when a manager fails at providing sufficient coaching and training, it's easier for them to cut their losses and to move on to the next contractor rather than take the human being into account and offer truthful, competent coaching at face value.

I have honestly never been lied to so much by a manager in my life and hope that Voluntary Departure of said manager will give the rest of the team an opportunity to provide competent training and management. Permanent employees work on their personal "side projects" concurrently while training new contractors therefore providing disjointed, disorganized and frustrating training. There are no coaching metrics followed and one is expected to follow the status quo in order to fit in with the culture.

It's all about saving face. Don't ask too many questions, dig too deep or expect to be offered an opportunity to succeed if you don't quite "fit in" to the do as your told not as I do type management,
Inappropriate comments from Directors about salary, literal finger pointing to the face and being laughed at and singled out in group meetings is a passive and aggressive form of bullying that should not be tolerated by full-time employees or contractors. But it happens at Shaw and it's totally tolerated.
Prós
Short hours, free coffee, some really cool people
Contras
Terrible training, very rude managers, no support for mental health
Shaw review
In-Home Installer (Ex-Funcionário) –  Kelowna, BC7 de Fevereiro de 2019
A typical day as an In-home Installer, you get your work every morning for the day and work until it's all complete. You are required to work a rotation schedule, sometimes working weekends.
Great XMas parties
some late nights
Cultura Empresarial
The staff are always friendly, and I would love to be a part of the team
Technical Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Victoria, BC1 de Fevereiro de 2019
I value Walmart's values and culture.
I really want to join the team! Its is a great company and I often shop there, for electronics and tools and food.
Very enjoyable work environment
Senior Business Analyst (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB1 de Fevereiro de 2019
Pleasant working environment, very open-plan, so lots of background noise - cafeteria on-site, stand-up desks. Our group would go through spikes in workload, so quite variable workdays, but always very manageable.
Stand-up desks
Too open plan.
Great benefits and pay - Lacking work/life balance
HR (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB28 de Janeiro de 2019
This company offers great benefits and generous pay for employees, but the work/life balance is terrible. More often than not, when someone leaves the company, they are not backfilled, the workload is spread amongst the team, therefore the workload for one individual is realistically a workload for at least two individuals. Concerns brought up to management are rarely heard/acknowledged.
Benefits, Pay
Long hours, high workload
3,0
great experience
Inbound Call Center Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Vancouver, BC26 de Janeiro de 2019
good experience when you want to apply elsewhere. I learned a lot working for this company.
Met some great people I am still friends with to this day
Cultura Empresarial
National Business Sales Support - Outbound B2B (Ex-Funcionário) –  Vancouver, BC23 de Janeiro de 2019
I was there for 4 years and enjoyed every bit of it. There were struggles involved, especially when you are in sales... its expected, but over awesome place to work with great people and good money !
Fun place to work
Senior QA Analyst (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB23 de Janeiro de 2019
Shaw is a nice place to work. Good working atmosphere, you get space to work, supportive management, excellent working conditions.
Had a great time at Shaw from 2006 to 2018.
lovely work culture
Technical Support Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB21 de Janeiro de 2019
Loved working at Shaw, it's too bad they had to close the Technical support office here in Calgary though.
Would love to get position there again.
great pay and benefits
2,0
Cultura Empresarial
A stressful and inconsistent work environment
eCare and Phone Customer Service Sales (Ex-Funcionário) –  Nanaimo, BC15 de Janeiro de 2019
I was at Shaw for about 1.5 years and during this time I had multiple supervisor changes - the last one I was assigned was not qualified to be in such a position, completely out of his league. He would micromanage; push his private agenda - making us create superhero profiles for a website he wanted us to create (which had nothing to do with our job and only served as a distraction and source of stress); he would constantly shout out things across the office that should have been discussed in a private room/meeting; interrupt agents in the middle of chats so he could ask about our weekend or some other distracting topic; and he showed no human side. I had to put my dog down during my time there, and when I told him he laughed about it, rather than show any empathy or care. I had such a bad experience working at Shaw that I had to go off on sick leave and I never went back.
Prós
free coffee, free food, benefits
inconsistent supervisors
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Awesome place
Senior In-House Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Chilliwack, BC12 de Janeiro de 2019
This is the cable company you want to work for. Although sometimes there is no clear direction, They treat their employees with dignity and respect. Benefits and perks were nice too.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
door to door sales
Sales Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Alberta10 de Janeiro de 2019
i went door to door selling phone and tv packages
hardest part was trying to sell to a stranger but I gained valuable experience from it and actually enjoyed it when I made a sale
Great Place to work
Manager Strategic Sourcing (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB10 de Janeiro de 2019
Shaw is the favourite company I worked for in my career so far. Working at Shaw proved to me that you can be a high performing and great person at the same time. Shaw allows you to be yourself and rewards high performing individuals.
Culture, Salary, Senior Leadership
Processes
Cultura Empresarial
An excellent company to grow your career
Catalogue Analyst (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB9 de Janeiro de 2019
Fast paced on any work day.
Opportunity to learn new software and management tools.
Management is open and supportive to new ideas.
Team oriented work place with strong family values.
The hardest part of the job is the on going changes to meet competition and the ever changing market environment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you work with.
Great place, work here!
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Victoria, BC6 de Janeiro de 2019
Amazing place to work.
Benefits were great and very inclusive.
Management team is great, lacking a little bit of transperancy.
Training program is in depth and set you up for success.
Shipper/Receiver
Shipper (Ex-Funcionário) –  Mississauga, ON4 de Janeiro de 2019
Hello,
Working at Shaw for me was enjoyable and fun, we work hard and also had time to enjoy playing Ping Pong with the bosses.
Working with Management was pleasurable when needed direction with Supervisors and management we just had to ask and they always given time to direct us on how to resolve any situation.

After 14 yrs. with Shaw we ran our area with pride and respect towards co-workers and customers
one hour lunch
Closing warehouse
Cultura Empresarial
Great culture and place to work.
In Home Sales Administrator (Ex-Funcionário) –  Kelowna, BC30 de Dezembro de 2018
I enjoyed working at Shaw. They had great benefits, and salary. I enjoyed the work and people that I worked with. Only downfall is there is no job security, and poor management.
salary and benefits
Contras
management and no job security
Friendly, and fun.
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Vancouver, BC29 de Dezembro de 2018
It was my first experience in a new environment. It had been a good practice in inbound customer service for me. It had been changeling using computer and being on the phone resolving customer's iinquiries.
fun
location
n/a
Business Analyst, Jr. Project Manager (Contract) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB27 de Dezembro de 2018
Was a great place but shut down production. Excellent cross training and utlization of staff.

The owners were getting older and as they pulled away from the business it lost a lot of sales.
Cultura Empresarial
great company to work for
Lead QA (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB13 de Dezembro de 2018
great company to work for in leading technology and services. Customer focused, great work culture with personal and professional life balance. Learned Agile development, Automation using open source tools like Selenium, SOAP UI. Excellent benefits package and Share purchase option.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 2Denunciar
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "Shaw Communications". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar