University of Toronto
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto

Cargo
Todos
Local
Todos
Mostrando todas as 854 avaliações
Pesquisa de dinâmica agradável
A experiência como pesquisador em um outro país contribuiu significativamente para a redação de artigos científicos, além do aperfeiçoamento da fala, leitura e escrita na língua inglesa.
Productive and fun workplace
Working for the University of Toronto Mississauga combined both the serious work environment with the fun aspect. I have acquired leadership skills and good communication skills throughout my experience working for them.
3,0
UTSC - Health and Wellness Centre
UofT is a great employer if you're working in Downtown. Great staff, challenging work and environment. UTSC and Sauga campuses are afterthought for downtown. Personally UTSC is the worst place. Just to get a simplest thing done, you'll be going in circles. Collaboration and team work is a hard find here. Worst out of UTSC is the Health and Wellness Centre. It has been toxic for about 5 years. Previous assistant dean (director) was let go, but new management took the level of toxic to another range. The new manager is a depression patient, so assistant dean runs the show there. Assistant dean has managed to send numerous staff on long term disability, and early retirement. Intimidation tactics, lack of transparency, and lies are normal here. Manager is very incapable, for this reason she was hired by the assistant dean so can be used as a puppet. Avoid this department at any cost. Your life will become miserable in no time.
Fast paced dynamic workplace
Some days are very rewarding others are depressing.
Demanding and dynamic atmosphere with great management.

Must be self-driven and expect long days.
Great
I worked as a Teaching Assistant, so overall good experience, the team handling was good, the pay was also good for a part-time position. I would certainly like to do it again.
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
Highly research driven academic institution
the 'job' was more of a research position in a lab. it was not paid. this position is only available to students. i do not know about other positions in the school.
1,0
Cultura empresarial
You get a PhD at the end
Ph.D. program in the MIE department of UofT is challenging and rewarding at the same time. Working with some of the best professors and researchers in the field was a great opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to learn and grow.
Fun working here
The team is good and helpful and working here is filled with fun and at the same time nice learning curve. I personally had a very good time learning new things.
Cultura empresarial
Teaching is fun, grading is the hardest part.
The hardest part of being a teaching assistant is grading assignments and tests, usually due to the sheer number of assignments and tests that need to be graded in a first year course. Some instructors provide the teaching assistants with a rubric for grading, which is very helpful.
Fun workplace to work
It was a very fun workplace to work. the manager and the supervisor were cool, as long as you have completed your task as required and also while followed all the rules and procedures.
Academic Work Culture
My experience at U of T is varied. Each Faculty acts like a different business that all adhere to the central policies of the university. So the work culture can vary greatly. However, in my experience so far people seem to be on the sensitive side when it comes to approaching issues and topics. Change does not happen quickly and when it does it's a house cleaning. I would highly recommend becoming familiar with policies and getting credentials to work here.
Cultura empresarial
Great place to collaborate with like minded researchers
The Biology Department has a lot of capable researchers who are well known and respected in their fields. It is a difficult and stressful environment at times, but the overall experience is phenomenal.
Cultura empresarial
Excellent place for learning and work
My experience at the University of Toronto was incredible. I learned general dentistry again which gave me sound Knowledge and clinical skills to practice evidence based dentistry in Canada.
Cultura empresarial
Great place and great people
Worked with a close-knit group that supported each other. Very busy times created some stress but overall a manageable workload. The hardest part of the job was dealing with student issues, which can be emotionally draining.
Great workplace
The job definitely had very busy periods at the start and end of term but there was always a warm atmosphere in the office and faculty. I loved working with staff and faculty committed to improving the student experience.
Great People
Excellent research projects. Great people and teamwork

Very relaxed interview between the students

Very busy and quite demanding at times

Great staff, no issues at all
Cultura empresarial
Great place if you're willing to work hard
My particular experience at UofT was, in hindsight, excellent. I think one of the best and most challenging things about UofT is that it's highly competitive. This hump is slightly daunting in the beginning but ultimately the competitive aspect pushes you forward in the long run. UofT is also rich with inter-faculty and inter-organizational collaboration which has the ability to open up an immense number of research possibilities. I couldn't have been happier working and studying there.
Cultura empresarial
Good
University of Toronto is a very nice place to work. People here are generally very friendly. Junior faculties tends to get a lot of support from various sources. Toronto is also a beautiful city to live.
1,0
Grad student
I started my master’s degree in a neuroscience lab. My supervisor was verbally abusive, unsupportive, and did not provide me with the training necessary to do my work.
Cultura empresarial
Good job to have while in school
Working as a teaching assistant is a good job to have while in school. I found it manageable and rewarding and the pay was good for a student with many expenses.
Multicultural Workspace
Working as a Ph.D. student and a RA in UofT is not easy; however, the multicultural workspace and collaborative environment help you to feel more comfortable and productive.
Esta avaliação foi útil?
Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?
Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.
Avaliação geral