University of Toronto
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto: Teaching Assistant

Cargo
Teaching Assistant81 avaliações
Local
Todos
Encontramos 81 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 860 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
A great choice for the students. Highly recommended if you want to pursue a career in the academia, you can collect a lot of experience as a TA or RA.
3,0
Cultura empresarial
As a teaching assistant your experience depends entirely on the professor you are working with. if you get along and are familiar with their working style then this is a good job to have. There isn't much growth opportunity, it is a side job.
working remotely
tight deadlines
Cultura empresarial
It's always nice to communicate with knowledgeable people like professors in UTSC. I had a great time working with them. Sometimes, they will offer me a free lunch or dinner if I work overtime and they are really flexible about the working hours.
Cultura empresarial
great opportunity to work for such a large organization at the university. I got to take part in different workshops in which i grew and further developed my skills.
Cultura empresarial
I had a great time teaching and helping out students with their assignments and understanding of the course. However, it was tough at times with a lot of pressure being exerted from students and managements with many tests and assignments to mark within such a limited time. It was worth the experience at the end.
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
Very intellectually stimulating environment where I had the opportunity to leave an impact on the people I worked with, and they on me. I was hired as a TA without any job training, and had to adapt myself to teach the classes from the start. It went well, and students oftentimes stayed after class to discuss with me. They told me they learned more from me than they did from their own professors.
Cultura empresarial
awesome place to study good culture. the city is great a lot of things to do. The school has great profs and they are all talented. There is a lot of reasons to go here
free lunch
Cultura empresarial
Working as a teaching assistant, I have been able to gain many resources to facilitate others learning Spanish as a second or third language. The method we follow produces third-year students who can hold a conversation and understand or write a more complex speech. Sometimes the workload is significant for everyone, but as everything is well suited for students and teachers, the learning process gets achieved.
Cultura empresarial
Work balance is very good here. Learning opportunities are in abundant. Very enjoyable place to work with pleasant and friendly colleagues. Students can be demanding sometimes though.
Good work life balance
Demanding students
Cultura empresarial
This job is great for graduate students and pays well to get you through your education. Staff are friendly, work atmosphere is professional. Always interesting.
pay rate
Cultura empresarial
The most enjoyable part of the job: remotely work
The hardest part of the job: intensive working hour during exam period

Professional workplace culture
Cultura empresarial
The University of Toronto is a very good work environment, with good leadership and staff development. Sometimes there are long hours when marking exams, but the staff make it enjoyable.
Cultura empresarial
A work place that is fully equipped. Students could gather around a table, write on the blackboard, discuss. Good experience, making my student life productive and colourful.
Cultura empresarial
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
Cultura empresarial
-Good learning and teaching environment
-Good facilities and management

-Co-workers were encouraging and helpful

-Workload was acceptable and fair

-Professors were knowledgeable
Cultura empresarial
University of Toronto is a good university. I got a lot while studying. The professors are enthusiastic about what they do and are willing to help in times of need.
Cultura empresarial
Very good work, life balance. There is much scope for learning and growth. Excellent work environment. Staff are friendly, approachable and very helpful
Cultura empresarial
The managers and supervisors are such adorable and respectful that you will never feel bored of your job! Everyone who works at this place will definitely miss when they leave.
Contras
very fast paced and busy
Cultura empresarial
As a undegra teaching assistant at University of Toronto, the salary paid was amazing and the health coverage is great with $300 per term. The professors are nice to work with.
Cultura empresarial
Life time experience to work in a leading university. Have a great and comfortable work culture. Faculty awards to encourage good teaching practices is a great idea.
Cultura empresarial
Main tasks include tutorial teaching, invigilating exams, marking exams and holding office hours. It is a good exposure to communication skills and analytical skills, as you will need to coach students in a classrooms, answer their questions, and standing in front of many students.
Esta avaliação foi útil?
Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?
Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.
Avaliação geral