Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto: Scarborough, ON

Encontramos 52 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca. Ver todas as 794 avaliações
Teaching Assistant is a VERY mixed bag
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON4 de Setembro de 2019
Working as a TA is either very easy or very difficult depending on the professor you work for. You may be expected to be fully autonomous and create your own lesson plans, or follow a strict curriculum and course structure depending on the professor. The added demands of out-of-classroom work such as marking can be a very difficult task for a full time student, however no other job can match the pay and benefits. Unfortunately it is very discouraging to see some students take advantage of these benefits and put themselves ahead of their students. It is important to respect this job and what it means to be a teacher and you will have no problems finding work throughout your mid to late undergrad years. (U of T is special in allowing undergraduate students to work as TAs)
productive
Laboratory Undergrad (Funcionário Atual) –  Scarborough, ON3 de Setembro de 2019
amazing time with great staff. taught me alot about the work and the world of science, with a good amount of staff amenities. great lead PI and professor.
Cultura Empresarial
As a student it's the ideal job as they are flexible with your schedule
Event Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON15 de Agosto de 2019
One of the best jobs I've had to date. Management was always understanding and gave every opportunity to grow and learn. The training that I got here stayed with me as I moved on to other jobs.
Very enriching experience
Volunteer mentor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON11 de Junho de 2019
The lab I was in (Clinical Neuroscience Lab) is very enriching and hands on experience that will continue to aid me in the future. I was able to administer brain imaging on participants.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 2Denunciar
order laboratory equipment
work with specimens
Simple and comfortable
Tutor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON19 de Maio de 2019
Tutoring students was done in school and the material was not too difficult. Students of younger years would have difficulties in calculus and I would guide them with solving word problems, finding derivatives and other calculations.
Great place
Research Lab Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON28 de Dezembro de 2018
This was a great place to work especially as a job on the side while studying. This job allowed getting to know more of the faculty and other students also in similar programs. Good networking opportunity.
Prós
Great team
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
International Student mentor
Community Health Liaison (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON4 de Outubro de 2018
At typical day at work included interaction with students requiring help at the front desk meeting with manager to go over expected goals for the day and planning events for international students. I have learned how to outreach and put together event planning logistics. Workplace was very friendly and fun. I thoroughly enjoyed this position and the funnest part was hosting events, the hardest part was ensuring that the attendees of these events were fully engaged.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Good to work with professors
Teaching Assistant (Funcionário Atual) –  Scarborough, ON9 de Agosto de 2018
It's always nice to communicate with knowledgeable people like professors in UTSC. I had a great time working with them. Sometimes, they will offer me a free lunch or dinner if I work overtime and they are really flexible about the working hours.
3,0
Great experience, subpar pay
Residence Advisor (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON16 de Julho de 2018
Worked as a residence advisor for 2 years at the Scarborough Campus. Great experience overall, slightly challenging if you're also a full-time student (but manageable), and you're compensated with free boarding. However, there's no compensation beyond a free room. This is incredibly unfair, especially compared to all other residences downtown. Granted they are run by campus-specific administration.
Cultura Empresarial
Very helpful environmental science faculty
Research Assistant (Funcionário Atual) –  Scarborough, ON3 de Julho de 2018
I worked with a professor on their research. I analyzed and organized data. I was taught how to interpret data and recognize what information is important to the big picture. The professor was very helpful, they always answered my questions and provided me with many resources if I was struggling.
great experience but temporary
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON12 de Junho de 2018
I had a great time teaching and helping out students with their assignments and understanding of the course. However, it was tough at times with a lot of pressure being exerted from students and managements with many tests and assignments to mark within such a limited time. It was worth the experience at the end.
Cultura Empresarial
Strong place for career advancement
Communications Assitant (Funcionário Atual) –  Scarborough, ON3 de Maio de 2018
An environment with supportive coworkers and management that provide space for personal and professional growth. The workplace is filled with creative individuals that appreciate the job.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Poll Clerk (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON10 de Abril de 2018
Helpful people all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and the coworker. The environment itself is very friendly all in all
Great place to be
Research Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON23 de Janeiro de 2018
University of Toronto Scarborough is a great place to work at because of the diversity of the population of both students and faculty. It is a supporting and environment with a lot of potential to grow.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 6NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Good work for a graduate student.
Teaching assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON18 de Novembro de 2017
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 1Denunciar
very good work experience
Financial Assistant (Contract) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON5 de Novembro de 2017
I enjoyed working at U of T Scarborough campus as Financial assistant , I learned a lot in short time. Attended 9 training sessions using SAP system . Workplace culture very friendly , unfortunately it was only for 6 months . I would love to work there again.
Prós
Close to home and, and enjoyed working there
Contras
no cons
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4Não 2Denunciar
A lot of work, but fun
Administrative Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON4 de Novembro de 2017
Typical work day is that you go in, check voicemails (usually over 10 from overnight), send a lot of emails, many being to international students, pick up calls asking for program admin information
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Great work environment with many tasks to be completed
Lab Technician (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON10 de Setembro de 2017
There was many tasks to complete during the shift that i worked their. This was a learning oppurtunity that gave me experience and let me look at what university would be like. It was not a job necessarily but we learned many things in the lab like inputing data and working in a tream setting with others.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON27 de Agosto de 2017
Very good work, life balance. There is much scope for learning and growth. Excellent work environment. Staff are friendly, approachable and very helpful
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Solicitar o perfil desta empresa

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar