University of Toronto
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto: Scarborough, ON

Cargo
Todos
Local
Scarborough, ON56 avaliações
Encontramos 56 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 860 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
I worked as a Teaching Assistant, so overall good experience, the team handling was good, the pay was also good for a part-time position. I would certainly like to do it again.
Cultura empresarial
amazing job to work out very relaxed very friendly work according to your school schdule friendly staff amazing people fun environment overall a greta workplace
Cultura empresarial
Skilled Employees, Collaborative Culture, Interesting variety of work.
Numerous Staff activities and presentations. Cultural events and Learning opportunities.
Cultura empresarial
All the team members worked collaboratively and were all supportive and helpful in working for projects. Everyone was welcoming and friendly. The management team was great!
Cultura empresarial
It;s a really exciting place to work with other people because there's always something to collaborate on or work towards. The management is extremely friendly and supportive when it comes to professional development.
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
Working as a TA is either very easy or very difficult depending on the professor you work for. You may be expected to be fully autonomous and create your own lesson plans, or follow a strict curriculum and course structure depending on the professor. The added demands of out-of-classroom work such as marking can be a very difficult task for a full time student, however no other job can match the pay and benefits. Unfortunately it is very discouraging to see some students take advantage of these benefits and put themselves ahead of their students. It is important to respect this job and what it means to be a teacher and you will have no problems finding work throughout your mid to late undergrad years. (U of T is special in allowing undergraduate students to work as TAs)
Cultura empresarial
amazing time with great staff. taught me alot about the work and the world of science, with a good amount of staff amenities. great lead PI and professor.
Cultura empresarial
One of the best jobs I've had to date. Management was always understanding and gave every opportunity to grow and learn. The training that I got here stayed with me as I moved on to other jobs.
Cultura empresarial
The lab I was in (Clinical Neuroscience Lab) is very enriching and hands on experience that will continue to aid me in the future. I was able to administer brain imaging on participants.
fun workplace

organize lab

order laboratory equipment

work with specimens
Cultura empresarial
Tutoring students was done in school and the material was not too difficult. Students of younger years would have difficulties in calculus and I would guide them with solving word problems, finding derivatives and other calculations.
Cultura empresarial
This was a great place to work especially as a job on the side while studying. This job allowed getting to know more of the faculty and other students also in similar programs. Good networking opportunity.
Prós
Great team
Cultura empresarial
At typical day at work included interaction with students requiring help at the front desk meeting with manager to go over expected goals for the day and planning events for international students. I have learned how to outreach and put together event planning logistics. Workplace was very friendly and fun. I thoroughly enjoyed this position and the funnest part was hosting events, the hardest part was ensuring that the attendees of these events were fully engaged.
Cultura empresarial
It's always nice to communicate with knowledgeable people like professors in UTSC. I had a great time working with them. Sometimes, they will offer me a free lunch or dinner if I work overtime and they are really flexible about the working hours.
3,0
Cultura empresarial
Worked as a residence advisor for 2 years at the Scarborough Campus. Great experience overall, slightly challenging if you're also a full-time student (but manageable), and you're compensated with free boarding. However, there's no compensation beyond a free room. This is incredibly unfair, especially compared to all other residences downtown. Granted they are run by campus-specific administration.
Cultura empresarial
I worked with a professor on their research. I analyzed and organized data. I was taught how to interpret data and recognize what information is important to the big picture. The professor was very helpful, they always answered my questions and provided me with many resources if I was struggling.
Cultura empresarial
I had a great time teaching and helping out students with their assignments and understanding of the course. However, it was tough at times with a lot of pressure being exerted from students and managements with many tests and assignments to mark within such a limited time. It was worth the experience at the end.
Cultura empresarial
An environment with supportive coworkers and management that provide space for personal and professional growth. The workplace is filled with creative individuals that appreciate the job.
Cultura empresarial
Helpful people all around. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people and the coworker. The environment itself is very friendly all in all
Cultura empresarial
University of Toronto Scarborough is a great place to work at because of the diversity of the population of both students and faculty. It is a supporting and environment with a lot of potential to grow.
Cultura empresarial
This was a good job for a graduate student. The work was relatively helpful in my learning certain topics that were germane to my dissertation project. It was nice to work with students and guide them through complex works of political philosophy.
Esta avaliação foi útil?
Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?
Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.
Avaliação geral