University of Toronto
Receba atualizações semanais, vagas novas e avaliações

Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto: Toronto, ON

Cargo
Todos
Local
Toronto, ON661 avaliações
Encontramos 661 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca.
Ver todas as 858 avaliações
Cultura empresarial
Aprendizado continuo e desenvolvimento de habilidades de trabalho no contato com pacientes e no desenvolvimento de software para análises médicas.
Cultura empresarial
I worked at UofT as a postdoctoral researcher for 6 years. Zero administrative help. Zero help with career advancement- and I mean, substantial that would make a difference. Power struggles between established professors who are no longer up to date in their research. My supervisor would work 3 or 4 hours a day, coming to work sometimes at 4 pm. No accountability.
Prós
The university reputation
Contras
Upper management takes it for granted and doesn’t care
Cultura empresarial
The University of Toronto is a large post-secondary school. There are quite lots of career opportunities. It is a great workplace especially for students to gain professional experience.
Cultura empresarial
Some days are very rewarding others are depressing.
Demanding and dynamic atmosphere with great management.

Must be self-driven and expect long days.
Cultura empresarial
the 'job' was more of a research position in a lab. it was not paid. this position is only available to students. i do not know about other positions in the school.
Classifique uma empresa recente
Compartilhe sua experiência para ajudar outras pessoas
Cultura empresarial
Ph.D. program in the MIE department of UofT is challenging and rewarding at the same time. Working with some of the best professors and researchers in the field was a great opportunity and I would recommend it to anyone who is willing to learn and grow.
Cultura empresarial
The team is good and helpful and working here is filled with fun and at the same time nice learning curve. I personally had a very good time learning new things.
Cultura empresarial
It was a very fun workplace to work. the manager and the supervisor were cool, as long as you have completed your task as required and also while followed all the rules and procedures.
Cultura empresarial
My experience at U of T is varied. Each Faculty acts like a different business that all adhere to the central policies of the university. So the work culture can vary greatly. However, in my experience so far people seem to be on the sensitive side when it comes to approaching issues and topics. Change does not happen quickly and when it does it's a house cleaning. I would highly recommend becoming familiar with policies and getting credentials to work here.
Cultura empresarial
My experience at the University of Toronto was incredible. I learned general dentistry again which gave me sound Knowledge and clinical skills to practice evidence based dentistry in Canada.
Cultura empresarial
Worked with a close-knit group that supported each other. Very busy times created some stress but overall a manageable workload. The hardest part of the job was dealing with student issues, which can be emotionally draining.
Cultura empresarial
The job definitely had very busy periods at the start and end of term but there was always a warm atmosphere in the office and faculty. I loved working with staff and faculty committed to improving the student experience.
Cultura empresarial
Excellent research projects. Great people and teamwork

Very relaxed interview between the students

Very busy and quite demanding at times

Great staff, no issues at all
Cultura empresarial
My particular experience at UofT was, in hindsight, excellent. I think one of the best and most challenging things about UofT is that it's highly competitive. This hump is slightly daunting in the beginning but ultimately the competitive aspect pushes you forward in the long run. UofT is also rich with inter-faculty and inter-organizational collaboration which has the ability to open up an immense number of research possibilities. I couldn't have been happier working and studying there.
Cultura empresarial
University of Toronto is a very nice place to work. People here are generally very friendly. Junior faculties tends to get a lot of support from various sources. Toronto is also a beautiful city to live.
Cultura empresarial
I started my master’s degree in a neuroscience lab. My supervisor was verbally abusive, unsupportive, and did not provide me with the training necessary to do my work.
Cultura empresarial
Working as a Ph.D. student and a RA in UofT is not easy; however, the multicultural workspace and collaborative environment help you to feel more comfortable and productive.
Cultura empresarial
Good work life culture. A Productive work place. Always coming up with New challenges, which is upbuilding to the staffs. Although there are some staffs reluctant to embrace positive change.
Cultura empresarial
Working at uoft is the most rewarding thing happened to me, There's a possible advancement in the job after 2 years.The salary and Benefits are good, also your co-employee.
Prós
1hr lunch break
Contras
starting too early in the morning
Cultura empresarial
Fantastic place to work in general, but salaries are difficult unless you are part of the faculty or research-associate level. It was difficult to move off soft grant-money for covering salaries and onto a permanent situation with the university itself.
Cultura empresarial
I was able to work with a TA I admired very highly, which made the process even more enjoyable. It allowed me to utilize WestLaw, which I would not have been able to use had it not been for this position.
Esta avaliação foi útil?
Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?
Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.
Avaliação geral