Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto: Post-doctoral Fellow

Encontramos 16 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca. Ver todas as 722 avaliações
3,0
Very low payment
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON26 de Fevereiro de 2019
The payment is very low. I tripled my salary when I moved from UHN to another company. It is a pity that academic research has so limited funds. I would stay if I was paid more fairly.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 1Denunciar
Grad student/TA/Post doc
Postdoctoral Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON25 de Novembro de 2018
Great employer, the positions I had however meant hard times. From what I can glean from the full time employed and the professors, University of Toronto seems like a pretty good employer.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1NãoDenunciar
productive place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Ontario9 de Setembro de 2018
University of Toronto is a competitive place, that offers interesting opportunities and great collaborations. However, Postdoctoral Fellow job security could be improved.
low salary
Post Doctoral Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON7 de Junho de 2018
working at University of Toronto is a privilege. the work environment is very friendly and academic base. however the salary is too low for highly educated people for living in a expensive city like Toronto.
academic environment
very low salary
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 2Denunciar
2,0
Hostile employees
Postdoctoral fellow (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON5 de Junho de 2018
Workplace culture is extremely hostile. People are very unhelpful and rude. Bosses are extremely condescending and demotivating. The only plus is flexible work hours.
good benefits
poor workplace culture
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 7Não 1Denunciar
3,0
Not so Great
NSERC Post-doctoral Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON26 de Março de 2018
No real benefits for post-docs, lowly paid, no professional advancement. Stressful work culture. Other universities are better in terms of benefits and overall improvement in post-doctoral experience.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Best place to learn and engage in research
Postdoctoral Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON8 de Dezembro de 2017
I highly recommend University of Toronto to anyone who is looking for cutting-edge technology development where you work under the supervision of world-class professors. University of Toronto is a very good place where you can start your professional career.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Excellent
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON25 de Setembro de 2017
I love University of Toronto, and I had a great time to work here. I have to leave here because as a postdoctoral fellow my salary is low and I decided to leave here to find a higher salary job in industry.
Prestigious Academic Institution
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Rotman School of Management (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON21 de Julho de 2017
Your experience will vary immensely depending on where in the university you are working. Post-docs in the humanities generally have an abysmal time, but things are much better in the sciences.
Prós
Extremely flexible working hours.
Asocial workplace culture.
Cultura Empresarial
One of the best places for research and developing new ideas
Postdoctoral Fellow (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON8 de Abril de 2016
I worked with very smart people and very good and helpful supervisor. I have learned very technical solution when I worked there. I improved my skills and updated my ability to get a new job.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2Não 2Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Enjoyed working with talented people
Post-Doctoral Fellow (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON22 de Setembro de 2015
Various research facilities in hand and working with talented people was fun and inspiring. I honed grant writing and communication skills at work.
Challenging yet exciting
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON17 de Setembro de 2015
It's a place to grow, learn and be part of a bigger family of researchers, and students. It can be hard to keep up sometimes, but the experience is worth it.
Cultura Empresarial
Intellectually stimulating and dynamic work place
Postdoctoral Researcher & Consultant (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON16 de Janeiro de 2015
The best part of working here as a researcher is the people. I work with incredibly talented people on very hard and interesting problems in theoretical physics.
Prós
Lots of bright people and visitors come by often
The pay is not great
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 1Denunciar
life at my research lab
Postdoctoral Fellow Research (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON22 de Agosto de 2014
Usually, I make a plan for whole week to manage my research better, since I am involving in 4 main projects. of which I handle two projects myself and supervise my students who are working on others. we have meeting every week and specially before initiating any major experiments to review all steps and per-preparation of material. My co-workers are very nice and helpful. we have good and productive discussion on our scientific concerns and also social activity. the later I think is very important for progressing in research.

The most enjoyable part of my job is good results, as I am metabolic engineer and try to modify organisms to show desire behavior.
Prós
nice social and scientific enviroment
Contras
Long way to reach at work place at downtown
Postdoctoral Fellow (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON11 de Maio de 2013
 Managed preclinical evaluation of therapeutic ultrasound in combination with anti-cancer agents, e
 Applied advanced imaging tools to validate biomarkers for monitoring effective treatments
 Supervised/trained students, managed laboratory projects

Ver mais avaliações da empresa University of Toronto

Tente:

Solicitar o perfil desta empresa

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar