Avaliações de funcionários da empresa University of Toronto: Teaching Assistant

Encontramos 74 avaliações relacionadas à sua busca. Ver todas as 786 avaliações
Cultura Empresarial
Good job to have while studying
Teaching Assistant (Funcionário Atual) –  Mississauga, ON30 de Outubro de 2019
I got paid to teach the material I had just studied, so not a bad job at all while studying at the same institution! Definitely just something to supplement your living while studying at the same time, Unless you take one many TA appointments.
Enjoyed teaching in UofT
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON26 de Outubro de 2019
I worked for Uoft as TA that hosts tutorial sessions for a 4th-year course. Professor was nice and willing to help. Course material was average difficulty to teach. I enjoyed every single session of tutorial with my students and would love to go back and visit the campus again.
Fast-paced but rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON3 de Outubro de 2019
As a teaching assistant, if you are responsible only for grading exams, it's good to keep in mind that you will be writing your own exams around the time that you have to complete grading hundreds of other exams. But between exam periods, there is a lot of free time to focus only on your own studies. If you learn to stay on top of your work, then the experience is rewarding.
Excellent
Teaching assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON18 de Setembro de 2019
The university is a good place for a relaxed work environment. The work like balance is excellent. You are rewarded for progress and given ample opportunities to learn
Teaching assistant with 8 hrs/week
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON14 de Setembro de 2019
I usually didn't have to work 8hrs/week as a TA, I could manage the workload in fewer hours.
it was in the university and the downtown campus doesn't have a feel of being a university since all the buildings are far from each other.
Teaching Assistant is a VERY mixed bag
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON4 de Setembro de 2019
Working as a TA is either very easy or very difficult depending on the professor you work for. You may be expected to be fully autonomous and create your own lesson plans, or follow a strict curriculum and course structure depending on the professor. The added demands of out-of-classroom work such as marking can be a very difficult task for a full time student, however no other job can match the pay and benefits. Unfortunately it is very discouraging to see some students take advantage of these benefits and put themselves ahead of their students. It is important to respect this job and what it means to be a teacher and you will have no problems finding work throughout your mid to late undergrad years. (U of T is special in allowing undergraduate students to work as TAs)
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
fun workplace
Teaching Assistant (Contract) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON27 de Agosto de 2019
It was a fun job, not heavy load, but it did help TAs financially. Learnt a lot from peers, helped you to know it was not easy to teach, because you need to understand and make other people understand.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
It is time consuimg with good pay and benefits
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON23 de Agosto de 2019
It is somehow mandatory for physics graduate student so they can cover their tuition and living expenses. Great experience if you want to teach in future.
Cultura Empresarial
Best place to work as a part time
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON18 de Junho de 2019
work as a teaching assistant. There were a lot of training and the professors are nice, students are smart, everyone is so supportive and love to learn.
Good learning experience
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON5 de Maio de 2019
It's not really a daily thing but more so a weekly thing, every week we are to prepare materials to be reviewed/taught to students and at the end of the week, assignments/quizzes are collected and graded and submits the grade online.

The hardest part of the job is the preparation and the easiest and most enjoyable part would be teaching and having general conversation with the students and helping them to succeed.
relaxing
Grading Exams
Great company
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Mississauga, ON3 de Maio de 2019
The company is great. There is good communication between management and employees. It is great interacting with different levels in academia also. Good.
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON27 de Fevereiro de 2019
The experience as a teaching assistant is great if you're taking on a course you enjoy and the students are receptive. The feeling of helping other students can be rewarding in itself.
It was great
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Faculty of Music2 de Outubro de 2018
I worked hear as a teaching assistant in the music department. I enjoyed my experience during grad school. I enjoyed working with my colleagues and professors.
Good Side Gig
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON4 de Setembro de 2018
As a teaching assistant your experience depends entirely on the professor you are working with. if you get along and are familiar with their working style then this is a good job to have. There isn't much growth opportunity, it is a side job.
working remotely
tight deadlines
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Good to work with professors
Teaching Assistant (Funcionário Atual) –  Scarborough, ON9 de Agosto de 2018
It's always nice to communicate with knowledgeable people like professors in UTSC. I had a great time working with them. Sometimes, they will offer me a free lunch or dinner if I work overtime and they are really flexible about the working hours.
great place
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Mississauga, ON21 de Julho de 2018
great opportunity to work for such a large organization at the university. I got to take part in different workshops in which i grew and further developed my skills.
great experience but temporary
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Scarborough, ON12 de Junho de 2018
I had a great time teaching and helping out students with their assignments and understanding of the course. However, it was tough at times with a lot of pressure being exerted from students and managements with many tests and assignments to mark within such a limited time. It was worth the experience at the end.
Very rewarding
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON9 de Junho de 2018
Very intellectually stimulating environment where I had the opportunity to leave an impact on the people I worked with, and they on me. I was hired as a TA without any job training, and had to adapt myself to teach the classes from the start. It went well, and students oftentimes stayed after class to discuss with me. They told me they learned more from me than they did from their own professors.
great
Teaching Assistant (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto, ON29 de Maio de 2018
awesome place to study good culture. the city is great a lot of things to do. The school has great profs and they are all talented. There is a lot of reasons to go here
free lunch
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Excellent academic environment to grow professionally
Teaching Assistant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON23 de Maio de 2018
Working as a teaching assistant, I have been able to gain many resources to facilitate others learning Spanish as a second or third language. The method we follow produces third-year students who can hold a conversation and understand or write a more complex speech. Sometimes the workload is significant for everyone, but as everything is well suited for students and teachers, the learning process gets achieved.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Solicitar o perfil desta empresa

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "University of Toronto". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar