Avaliações de funcionários da empresa WestJet Airlines

Mostrando todas as 336 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Family environment with politics
Customer Service Representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB30 de Julho de 2019
Like any big corporation it has politics and lots of them. Only people moving up are those that suck up to management, however the people you work with are incredible. The job itself is fast and not for everyone, changes everyday. It’s a great place to work.
Coworkers, flight benefits
Suck ups
So much potential
Head of Digital Operations and Creative Services (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB29 de Julho de 2019
Glad to see the company sold. It needs an overhaul. Great company with so much potential. Unfortunately, hiring for personality over talent has left them talentless and no one around to train for skill.
Good people
Inefficient work
Best job ever!
SSC (Funcionário Atual) –  Vancouver, BC27 de Julho de 2019
I LOVE my job!!! At first I thought the training received wasn’t enough but it’s a learn on the job position. I work at the call centre and everyday there’s something new. The pay is good and travel privileges are awesome! Westjet lets me, my husband, children and parents travel on Premium if seats are available ❤️ Breaks are mandatory despite what other employees have said and the leader s are awesome
Cultura Empresarial
dishonest managers, long hours with no breaks, no respect, favoritism, "leaders" who deliberately set you up for failure
Crew Scheduler (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB24 de Julho de 2019
Minimal and inadequate training for the job expectations. Minimal pay for the job expectations. Work 10 and 12 hour shifts without a break. If you have time, filling a water bottle, heating food to bring back to the desk to eat as you work, and going to the washroom are permitted, but do NOT leave for a coffee or lunch break (unless you are one of the "favorites") and do NOT speak up about this. You are expected to show up 15 minutes prior to shift start time, you do not get paid for this time. Managers will be dishonest in the interview, hiring and training process, then you you get "on the desk" and get a huge wake up call (unless you are one of the "favorites"). Being set up for failure by the people who are supposed to be your leaders and your support (the chiefs) is extremely disheartening. The happy-go-lucky "owners" portrayed in the advertising for this company are nowhere to be found in this department. Many people who work on the same floor will not even make eye contact in the hall, stairway or parking lot. Most of them appear to be desperately unhappy in their jobs. I took a huge pay cut to go to this job because I believed it was an extremely positive environment. Now I am unemployed and broke, but at least I still have my sanity and my health.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8NãoDenunciar
See in resume
Customer Service Agent (Funcionário Atual) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 de Julho de 2019
Description is in the resume. Working for an airline is a face paced environment but everyone works together as a team and there is one main focus - to get our flights out on time. The workplace culture is not like you are at work. We are like a family and that's what the important part of it is. When you like a job so much that it does not feel like a job.
Meh
Customer Service Agent - Baggage (Funcionário Atual) –  Mississauga, ON18 de Julho de 2019
A job is a job, but this place sucks the life out of you. Super cheap, not willing to properly staff.. barely any management support for the operation... its ok but not a forever job
travel benefits
Contras
pay, hours, management. overworked, under appreciated.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
As well as the job description below, the interaction with other team members is where the fun is at!
Reward Membership Specialist Coordinator (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB17 de Julho de 2019
Strong communication skills, the ability to work under pressure, a commitment to exceptional customer service and computer skills.

rovide exceptional customer experience in resolving issues in a timely manner to increase overall customer loyalty;

Coordinate and maintain all the normal daily administrative activities for our guest’s Loyalty Membership accounts, providing strong multitasking skills with outstanding attention to detail;

Provide strong administrative skills in the internal processing systems and computer programs, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office software programs;

Using existing resources book travel, that could include hotels and car rentals. Issuing travel itineraries and providing timely resolution to retain guest’s loyalty;

Use effective communication skills and sales techniques to help guests choose the best travel experience as well as providing post sale support, communicating with guests to convey information effectively;

Effectively building team environment by being a strong team player and using team interaction.
Great People
Long hours and low pay
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
NEVER WORKED AT WESTJET (Ex-Funcionário) –  NONE10 de Julho de 2019
Oil patch in slow down , work not as reliable as in past.I have my own truck,darkroom. & Equipment and wold prefer to work with it.. Can work out of company equipment if needed.
GOOD INCOME WHEN WORKING
NOT STEADY WORK
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
I would rather work in a seafood plant!
SSA (Ex-Funcionário) –  Moncton, NB9 de Julho de 2019
If it wasn’t for some amazing coworkers, I don’t know what culture westjet would have... being handed out a hand written warning that if I call in sick one more time, I would lose my job? OH AND I WAS PREGNANT!!!!!!! They try to bring you in their cult saying the “westjet we care” slogan, some rubbish that is ! Worked with them for 2 years, never once used my travel benefits as they don’t pay you for your hard work, and developed severe anxiety and depression from being monitored to the T by my former team Leader.
Every single thing
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9Não 1Denunciar
SSC (Ex-Funcionário) –  Halifax, NS29 de Junho de 2019
had a great time working with Westjet.
Leaders are friendly and easy to talk to. working from home was great during those winter months, training was challenging but manageable
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
Productive and Fun
Guest Support Specialist (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB21 de Junho de 2019
10.5 Hours Days - 4 days on with 3 off
Life Skills - how to be professional and be a true team play, as well as the attention to safety is remarkable.
Management - Overall Good
Hardest Part of the Job is the amount of emails that we receive.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people and the benefits and culture.
Flight Benifits
Contras
Long Hours, and Pay is not ideal for job that we do.
Shift
Customer service agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Edmonton, AB19 de Junho de 2019
When working for West Jet, my day consisted of checking in clients at the desk, boarding flights, wheelchair assistance, unaccompanied minor assistance, which of course all fall sunder customer service.
Prós
It was a fun job and I loved helping people
Contras
Management at the time was not good and was replaced.
Cultura Empresarial
Fun and Challenging place to work
Customer Service Agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Fredericton, NB5 de Junho de 2019
I will forever be thankful for my experience with West Jet airlines. I wish was still working for them but unfortunately, my contract ended and there wasn't a greater need for staffing. It was a lot of hard work and long hours but I learned a lot and worked with great people.
Hard work but worth it!
SSC customer service representative (Ex-Funcionário) –  Moncton, NB30 de Maio de 2019
Westjet is a great place to work. I admit I left for my own personal reasons. Only downside is the expectations are high and the hours are long. It is not for everyone but the people are fantastic. With the benefits offered it makes for a great opportunity to travel all over the world. If you decide to apply and I hope you do be aware it is hard work but well worth it.
Great Benefits and wonderful diversity
Contras
Long hours and high expectations
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 4NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Fun to work but garbage pay and hours
Westjet Airlines TAC Agent (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB29 de Maio de 2019
Ramp Agent in westjet (TAC) Its a good place to work for awhile but nothing long term. The pay is drastically lower then other airlines for the physicality of work. They try to make up for it in benefits but a number of changes that have happened lately have made it less and less of good place to work
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9NãoDenunciar
Fun place to work
Guest Service Ambassador (Funcionário Atual) –  Mississauga, ON22 de Maio de 2019
A typical day at work I assist guest with the check in process and drop off their bags, help them through security and to there flights or off the flights to either to the next flight or to pick up their bags in arrivals
Majority of management are helpful and supportive during the operation and with personal problems
I really enjoy working at West jet ... the people I work with make the job enjoyable and feels like fun and less work
I have learned a lot bout the airline industry and how it works on daily basis
The hardest part of my job is not being able to help the guest with their flight problems sometimes as there is sometimes nothing I can do
I get great joy out of helping the guest to speed up the check in process and get to their flights fast but safely
Hard Job to do
Super Sales Agent (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB16 de Maio de 2019
I worked in the call centre and it was very tough to take call after call after call. you definitely feel like you are just a number. I would recommend it because you get to work from home. you do become isolated though.
flight benefits
you are just a number
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Decent money but poor management
Flight Attendant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB13 de Maio de 2019
Money was okay, flexible schedule and great layovers but management was poor. They don't treat their employees well. They encourage tattletale among employees and create chaos. You never know who's your friend or not. People reported petty mistakes.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Growing company with great workplace culture
Senior Analyst (Funcionário Atual) –  Alberta12 de Maio de 2019
Every day at WestJet is an opportunity to make a difference to the quality of lives of the guests flying with us.
It feels great to be part of a culture that promotes autonomy and respect for all.
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNãoDenunciar
Minimum Wage job
Turn Around Crew (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB9 de Maio de 2019
This job pays you $15/h with a rotating bidding 6 weeks schedule. which means you have to bid for a 6 weeks schedule not knowing when your'e going to work next month. Makes it very difficult to plan anything.

Yes they do offer cheap flights, however they don't pay you enough to be able to afford them. If you do end up going you have to find someone to cover your shifts, which is sometimes impossible.

TAC is truly a dead end job. Most people working there lack motivation to move up within the company or outside of TAC. They have become content.

The employees are a revolving door, one out 4 coming in.

One employee told me when I started "Minimum Wage= Minimum effort".
Cheap Flights
Minimum pay, schedule
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 13NãoDenunciar
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "WestJet Airlines". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar