Avaliações de funcionários da empresa WestJet Airlines

Mostrando todas as 309 avaliações
Ordenar por: avaliação útil | pontuação | data
Cultura Empresarial
great employees, nice work culture but overworked underpaid
Flight Attendant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB17 de Abril de 2019
good travel priviliges, good benefits, nice crews, free uniforms, management is nice for the most part

low pay, long hours, too many flights in one day
always working, not enough days off
Cultura Empresarial
work under pressure and making last minute decisions
Customer Service Lead (Funcionário Atual) –  Queens, NY17 de Abril de 2019
• Perform various function under pressure and within time constraint.
• Ensure that team members complies with federal, state, municipal, airport authority carrier rules and regulations.
• Work in unison with upper management to resolve any operational issues that may arise.
overtime
1,0
WestJet is amazing company
SR QA (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB17 de Abril de 2019
CEO is a cool and a seasoned veteran in aviation space.
They treat their employees well buddy passes are great.
IT department needs some work.
They should probably re employ canadians as there seems to be some disconnect with the offshore model.
Travel benefits
Contras
People do not get recognized after releases
Customer Sales and Reservations Agent
Reservations sales and Service Agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Moncton, NB8 de Abril de 2019
My daily tasks included; Answering phones, booking flights, processing payments, changing/editing reservations. This was a home-based position with Westjet.
Great Place To Work - Best Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Funcionário Atual) –  Edmonton International Airport4 de Abril de 2019
Typical work day includes providing world class guest service to the travelling public.

Great accessible hands on management on site.

Fabulous corporate culture.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult guests and handling re-accommodation situations when flights cancel etc.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with.
Prós
Travel Benefits and my co-workers.
Difficult guests
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1NãoDenunciar
Great Compant - Horrible Customers
Sales (Funcionário Atual) –  Moncton, NB1 de Abril de 2019
I loved working for Westjet however the call volumes are outrageous and the types of calls are just not good. I spent more of my time being yelled at for things that were out of my control then anything else.
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 2NãoDenunciar
very fun
Flight Attendant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON17 de Março de 2019
very fun but not best paid in industry must unionize asap best advice to be happy here very successful company should be paying INDUSTRY STABDARD AND FAIR CONTRACT
travel passes
non unionized
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 1Não 1Denunciar
A typical day at work
Customer Service Agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Deer Lake, NL17 de Março de 2019
We would deal with the general public, and enforce rules and regulations in a time-sensitive, fast-paced environment. Using my people skills I was able to successfully fulfill all of my duties.
Amazing company
SSA agent (Ex-Funcionário) –  Moncton, NB16 de Março de 2019
Amazing co workers, great trainers, work from home great benefits, very poor pay, and if you have to take time for a sick family member, you have to resign from the company and good luck getting rehired god knows I tried I had to leave because my 15 year old had to go in the children's hospital because of Lupus and cancer, she is better now and I asked to come back because I love my job and they refused me. So not very sympathetic that way.
Prós
staff, work from home, benifits
Pay, Empathy or Sympathy from head office is not there
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Fun place to work, but no life or money
Crew Scheduler (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB8 de Março de 2019
Westjet has been the best place to find life long friends and laughs. But when it comes to working for them, kiss your social life outside of work goodbye. Compensation is horrible, so make sure you have a second job to work around a shift work schedule. There are no night premiums or any recognition for a job well done. Management has yes, done the job, been promoted, but lacking all managerial skills to run a successful department. If you want a job that is great as a resume builder, consider this company. Life long career path with Westjet will be hard to maintain!
Prós
Great people, stock options, flight benefits
Contras
Long Hours, underpaid, no night premium
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 7NãoDenunciar
Poor
Call Center Representative (Funcionário Atual) –  Moncton, NB7 de Março de 2019
Exhausting and abusive environment.
I learned about the airline industry.
Poorly trained management.
awesome peers terrible management.
Sitting on the phone and being yelled at for someone elses choice or mistake.
work from home
emotionally abusive
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3NãoDenunciar
stay away from here
Specialist I - Central Baggage Services (Ex-Funcionário) –  Calgary, AB25 de Fevereiro de 2019
i wouldnt recommend this place to my enemy... stay away from here!
i have never, in my entire working life, been treated as poorly as i was working here for 9 years.
Prós
there was a time were this would of been Fligth Benefits
Contras
abuse, no work life balance, no culture
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 8Não 2Denunciar
1,0
General
Flight Attendant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON22 de Fevereiro de 2019
WestJet is a great startup company. They pay for you to commute if you live in a different province which is great considering a good chunk of their employees live in Montreal. They offer good travel privileges, if you ever get enough days off to actually use them. Like many airline companies, a typical work day can start anywhere from a 3am wake-up call to a 6pm wake up call. Sometimes you are lucky enough to finish at noon and enjoy the city you are in and other times you finish at 5am and go to bed at 6am after eating dinner/breakfast. Some days can go smoothly and others are filled with back to back delays and drama. One thing that helps with those tough days is seeing a cute baby or an emotional support animal that the owner will allow you to hang out with and take pictures. You will encouter a lot of friendly people to work with but a lot of drama as well since management and the company ecourages tattle telling on fellow employees, which in return, creates a hostile environment.
Meeting cute babies/Cute animals
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 3Não 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
Pay is horrible for how much you work!
Flight Attendant (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB17 de Fevereiro de 2019
Your co workers are pretty amazing! Other than that, I would try AC. The pay is horrible. It’s near impossible to have a second job because of our schedules. Management is disorganized and, quite frankly, unprofessional. It continues to go downhill.
Co workers
Contras
No money, less than minimum, took away flight benefits. Never home. Management
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 5Não 1Denunciar
Meilleure employeur
Agent de comptoir (Ex-Funcionário) –  Québec City, QC14 de Fevereiro de 2019
Très belle culture d'entreprise! Très compréhensif et tâches plaisantes!
Culture d'entreprise
Horaire
Esta avaliação foi útil?SimNão 1Denunciar
Cultura Empresarial
great benefits hard to move up
Call Centre Agent (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB12 de Fevereiro de 2019
I feel like it is about who you know and the company and customers come before any employee. You really have to be focused and cannot have more than 2 sick days if you wanted to move to a different area of the company.
flight benefits
Contras
yours treated as a number
productive and educative
Attachment Personel (Ex-Funcionário) –  accra9 de Fevereiro de 2019
normal routine of entry. i learnt bookkeeping and how to insert tables in Microsoft word. i also learnt more about Microsoft word. Management prepare for the corporate world. the most enjoyable part is the bookkeeping. but the hardest part is doing a delegated work. something you have no knowledge about.
flexible working hours
heavy task
Different Every Day
Flight Attendant/Customer Service Specialist (Funcionário Atual) –  Calgary, AB6 de Fevereiro de 2019
great job if you are young, single, no kids or retired.

Great Opportunity to meet new people everytime you go into work. Some times you get to have layovers in nice places
Prós
never a same day, work with amazing people
Contras
long days, different time zones not that great of pay at times
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 6NãoDenunciar
A bit lonely
Sales and Service Agent (Funcionário Atual) –  Moncton, NB28 de Janeiro de 2019
The position is stressful at times but overall the guests are good. I recommend this company for someone who prefers to not interact with coworkers and prefers to be alone all the time as you do work from home.
Prós
Excellent airfare for employees and health benefits
It gets a little lonely
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 6NãoDenunciar
Better places to work
Flight Attendant (Ex-Funcionário) –  Toronto, ON25 de Janeiro de 2019
It's not the worst airline to work for but you can definitely get much better pay, benefits and treatment from other companies. Management is absolutely horrible but the people you work with daily are awesome for the most part so that takes away from the headache of the constantly changing service standards and policies. They are expanding and possibly bitting off more than they can chew.

They preach about how WestJet is a family in the beginning but you will quickly learn that you are just a number and easily disposable to them as with any other typical big corporation.

Of course as with any airline, the ability to travel is a big plus. Additionally, I will say what WestJet offers that other airlines like Air Canada don't, is the option to commute so you're not forced to chose between moving and having a job. It can be tiresome but worth it if you have the patience.

Overall, not terrible, it's a job....But if you want to pay
your bills, have a life and have management you actually like and they treat you with kindness and respect....exercise other options first.
Prós
Per diem, travel, nice coworkers
Management, low pay, management
Esta avaliação foi útil?Sim 9NãoDenunciar
Perfil Solicitado

Deseja saber mais sobre como é trabalhar aqui?

Faça perguntas sobre o trabalho ou entrevistas na empresa "WestJet Airlines". Funcionários atuais e antigos poderão responder.

Perguntar